Focus RS Forum banner

Clonk when full lock on

390 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Christian Legget 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Any one had this! When I put on the full lock I sometimes get a clonk but it doesn't happing all the time? I have oz supertrismo ? Is it because of the different offset maybe?

#4 ·
Sounds like what mine is doing, Berty's went the same way and his got worse. Took ages to work out he went through loads of stress. Turned out to be strut top bearings think they are about £7 from Ford. When mine gets any worse that's what I'll try. I only get it when I come off my drive on full look if I maneuver it so I don't need full lock doesn't do it

#5 ·
I have this same fuss on o/s/f...parking/low speed moves..not all aways full lock. car was in for service yesterday and whilst they can recreate it as instructed, cannot find anything amiss...car is totally standard....is this top bearing suggestion a known fix?? (as car has to go back on Tues for rad replacement under warranty, I will suggest to the master tech )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.