WHITE - Adds £12 + Vat per month
Metallic - Adds £25 + Vat per month

Supplier - http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,050 Posts
I'd have absolutely no idea whether that was a good deal or not :lol:

Cash purchase is the only thing I've ever done.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not added it up, but if you are correct that equates to a no deposit £300 a month deal.

I am sure if Ford did a similar deal on the entry level MK3 RS it would prove rather popular.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Have I got this right? You pay £7400 ish over two years inc white & DSG & VAT to give the car back after two years?

If that's correct it doesn't seem cheap to me.
Yip that's correct lady at work done a similar thing, paid 2k deposit , 24 payments of 175 a month then a big balloon at end to purchase car or you hand back essentially renting a car , it's not cheap at all , trouble is once you tied in little you can do to get out of it , she thinks she's got a great deal! But they see her coming , they make it seem attractive cheap monthly payments , you can I suppose then have a new car every couple of years but you'd never own one,

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Have I got this right? You pay £7400 ish over two years inc white & DSG & VAT to give the car back after two years?

To me it seems no better than paying cash for it and selling it after 2 years. I bet the depreciation would be the same or more so you'd still be 7.4k lighter after 2 years

·
Registered
130 Posts
To me it seems no better than paying cash for it and selling it after 2 years. I bet the depreciation would be the same or more so you'd still be 7.4k lighter after 2 years
You've inadvertantly listed two reasons why it is better - you don't need the cash available upfront and you don't have the hassle of selling it after the two years.

They did a similar deal with the Golf R a while back. In 18 months time there will be flood of 2 yr old Golf Rs which will impact used resale prices. If over the lease term you've paid less than the depreciation then this makes it the smarter choice.

It's easy for us with our value retaining RSs to forget that normal cars depreciate and quite fast too!

As oil baron Paul Getty said, "If it appreciates, buy it. If it depreciates, lease it."

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts

i agree,theres no way id ever consider buying,more like [borrowing] a car like that,once youve been paying for a couple of yrs you would have to buy it outright otherwise youve spent all that cash for nothing,bit like renting out your house so someone else pays off your mortgage,great for you but not the tenant

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
You've inadvertantly listed two reasons why it is better - you don't need the cash available upfront and you don't have the hassle of selling it after the two years.

They did a similar deal with the Golf R a while back. In 18 months time there will be flood of 2 yr old Golf Rs which will impact used resale prices. If over the lease term you've paid less than the depreciation then this makes it the smarter choice.

It's easy for us with our value retaining RSs to forget that normal cars depreciate and quite fast too!

As oil baron Paul Getty said, "If it appreciates, buy it. If it depreciates, lease it."
My 1st sentence should have said better not no better :facepalm:

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have changed the title to allow this to be a post to for other offers.

Here is one

Mercedes A Class 180d AMG Line

1 x £2000

23 x £139.99

8000 miles per annum

( all plus VAT if applicable)

·
Premium Member
RS mk2 MR375
1,771 Posts
A good lease deal is better than buying a car in cash if you can get one....
I will give you an example, we cash bought a Fiesta Zetec S which we kept for 18 months, was 9 months old when we bought it, and what we got when we sold it, we lost £200/ month in depreciation.
We replaced it with a brand new kuga titanium. Paid £2k deposit and £160 / month. By my calcs, after 2 years when I hand it back, I will be £600 worse off than the fiesta cost me for a car that is twice as big and worth twice as much. How is that a bad deal.
None of you are allowing for depreciation, remember you loose 20% on a new car when you drive it off the forecourt.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My brother leases a KA I can't remember what he pays but think it's a good deal and small car's seem to depreciate faster.

In 2002 I had a brand new Peugeot 106 paid £6000 for it, 2 year's later with less than 20.000 on the clock it was worth £1500 :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

Here is one

1 x £2000
23 x £139.99
8000 miles per annum

You got a link please Rich?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Early Last year i considered leasing a 1.5 tdci Fiesta £89/ month + vat plus 9 months deposit over two years (10k miles/annum). Closest Ford could get with a similar deposit was £200/month inc vat.

Only had nautical blue left :nope: so didnt bother.

Late last year decided to lease a silver Focus 1.6 TDCI Zetec for £99/month + vat over two years (10k miles/annum) 9 months + vat deposit. This also includes maintenance (servicing and tyres), and Road tax.

Works out just over 4k over two years.

The depreciation alone would have been £5500 comparing a buying a New car from Car file and the resale values of two year old cars on Autotrader (at dealers)

Their are definately some good lease deals out there to be had, many are limited offers.

There is alot of scepticism regards leasing, This is the first time I have ever leased a car and i wouldnt hesitate to do it again if the figures add up

Here is one

1 x £2000
23 x £139.99
8000 miles per annum

That is a :f: good deal

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If anyone is looking for a cheap run around for a year.....

Citroen C1 1.0 VTi 5dr

Deposit £1000 + vat

11 x £9.99 + vat

10,000 miles per annum

1 - 20 of 59 Posts