Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says really. Walking out of morrisons and saw someone park next to the RS and then open his door onto my passenger door. Literally bounced his door off. His face went completely white when I caught him. Luckily gave me
His insurance details with out a fuss. This has happened to every car I've owned but I've never seen someone so it lol!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Regardless of where you park someone has to come and park next to you. And then the chances are you'll have that done. Which is why I never take my RS to a supermarket car park. People should be more considerate.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Regardless of where you park someone has to come and park next to you. And then the chances are you'll have that done. Which is why I never take my RS to a supermarket car park. People should be more considerate.
Hi same here never go near one in mine.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd be getting him to pay for the damage rather than going through insurance. :yep:
Tried that route last time someone hit my drivers door. Bill came out to just under £2000. Not saying this will come even close but still

Unfortunately the RS is a daily car so I can't avoid not going to a supermarket

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I always park IF I ever do shopping in RS miles away from the store so it's completely on its own lol. Good exercise to. To get a dent removed usually around £40 would be interesting to see how insurance pay for something so small. Let us know how you get on :yep:

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts

Sorry I couldn't resist just had this vision of someone doing this.

I watched someone in our local car park back into my car as I walked up to it, thankfully not in my RS and when approached just looked at me blankly as though it was my fault, luckily no serious damage.

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
I always park IF I ever do shopping in RS miles away from the store so it's completely on its own lol. Good exercise to. To get a dent removed usually around £40 would be interesting to see how insurance pay for something so small. Let us know how you get on :yep:
And then one of the "sheep" come and park next to you (or at least they do when I park at the far end of the car park!), I guess they feel some kind of safety in numbers... ;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
And then one of the "sheep" come and park next to you (or at least they do when I park at the far end of the car park!), I guess they feel some kind of safety in numbers... ;)
Hi I know what you mean when I had my lotus exige S1 the only time I have taking a car like that to a supermarket car park I parked it on the far side completey out of the way guess what a car had parked right next to me and close but no marks they are like magnets.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thats awful hope you get it sorted without having to go through insurance as your premium will increase a bit even though its not your fault, if i take mine i park in parent parking loads bigger spaces. (I do usually have

my daughter with me though)

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I ever have to park in a supermarket - it's in the furthest possible space from the entrance ( much to the wife's disgust) and I insist that I wait in the car! I then put my meanest face on to anyone who even thinks of parking next to me ... Lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
The only time I ever go to the supermarket is when I take my mum shopping
Fortunately she is a blue badge holder, nice wide spaces :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.