Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

There is a FW 2009 Mk 2 FRS on ebay, LN59 YRS. Does anyone know the car? Lux pack 2, black Dymamica interior, standard except piper back box and on 54k, including waterpump and cambelt change.

Would you consider a Cat D car st all?

·
Premium Member
Mk2 RS 400
2,185 Posts
If the car is fixed correctly and priced correctly (max 75% of full retail value) then it’s worth viewing. I can see the front undertray looks missing.
Remember the questions you ask now will be asked when you want to sell it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the car is fixed correctly and priced correctly (max 75% of full retail value) then it’s worth viewing. I can see the front undertray looks missing.
Remember the questions you ask now will be asked when you want to sell it.
Thanks K30. So a 54k car be around the £25/27k Mark now?
There is an under tray on the car, Simon who owns it sent me a video of the car. Looks like it's been repaired well from the videos.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
I looked online at a performance blue MK2 that was a cat c write off at the time I was looking to buy, the photos of the car had been ‘flopped’ as the digits on the number plate were backwards in some photos, so in essence you were looking at the same side of the car in both off and near side photos, I would imagine that it was the best side too, that set alarm bells ringing for me straight away, iirc the car was up for 15k,

asking fellow enthusiasts for advice about this car the overwhelming majority said stay away, I will say the same to you here, if it was me I’d rather spend a bit more money and own a car that has not been accident damaged, as said above if and when you come to sell the car the same concerns would be in the mind of any potential buyer, depending on what kind of damage a car has sustained during an accident they are never the same afterwards so I wouldn’t want to own one, a line that me and my Dad bless him would often say,

steer clear and buy a non accident damaged car mate is my take on this situation 😉

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If you fancy it get it, have you seen pictures of the repaired damage?
I wouldn't buy a CAT reg car, plenty of people do.
As said above, all your concerns over the car will come back when and if you want to sell the car on.

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,119 Posts
The missus endured this a few years back (rubbish parking, love!)

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

strut mount was pushed back so far that it compromised the drivers door hinge mountings to the extent that the missus had to make her escape via the passenger door.

Imagine my surprise when I got a Dartford Crossing receipt a few weeks later. I guess anything is repairable with time and money...

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Cat D wouldn’t / shouldn’t have involved anything structural- cars can get categorised quite easily once the insurance repair costs start ramping up - I’d want an idea of what’s been repaired but as long as it’s been done to a good standard then I don’t see the issue if you want ownership at reduced cost - however I would echo the same sentiments as others regarding asking the right questions and being prepared for the same questions come the time you sell it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the response guys. The car does look well repaired, has good MOT history with lots of receipts. However, like you all say I'd be concerned coming to sell the car myself.

I have found another car that interests me. This is a 2009 PB lux 2 car. Its not Cat damaged, 66k with Revo 1, Airtec intercooler, induction kit and milltek exhaust. It has the blue_grey seats rather than black Dynamica, which I prefer, but guess you can't win them all unless paying the price. I can get this car at 20k which I didn't think is a bad price in the current market.

Barry

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Thanks for the response guys. The car does look well repaired, has good MOT history with lots of receipts. However, like you all say I'd be concerned coming to sell the car myself.

I have found another car that interests me. This is a 2009 PB lux 2 car. Its not Cat damaged, 66k with Revo 1, Airtec intercooler, induction kit and milltek exhaust. It has the blue_grey seats rather than black Dynamica, which I prefer, but guess you can't win them all unless paying the price. I can get this car at 20k which I didn't think is a bad price in the current market.

Barry
worth a look that one Baz 😉 seats not a problem mate just get them trimmed 👍 some of the interiors I see on the web are absolutely cracking 👌 work done by SF car trim etc add a uniqueness to the car 😃

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
worth a look that one Baz 😉 seats not a problem mate just get them trimmed 👍 some of the interiors I see on the web are absolutely cracking 👌 work done by SF car trim etc add a uniqueness to the car 😃
Yeah I guess a could look at a retrim, or if a black interior came up for sale. Wish I'd bought a few years ago when the prices were lower.

Anyone know anything of MV09 AYX?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

Barry
any pictures of the PB, we love PB pictures, they're just the best :cool:(y)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The Motherwell area mate.
There are a few owners over that way that may be able to give it a once over for you if you reach out on here, might save a wasted journey if it doesn't look the part. I remember before I bought my Rs driving from Perth to Durham to look at a UG advertised in a garage as 'mint' I took one look and drove home, it wasn't mint

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are a few owners over that way that may be able to give it a once over for you if you reach out on here, might save a wasted journey if it doesn't look the part. I remember before I bought my Rs driving from Perth to Durham to look at a UG advertised in a garage as 'mint' I took one look and drove home, it wasn't mint
Yeah I know what you mean. I got the train to Workington from Stockton-on-Tees, for a 2010 FW with 55k. Stated it had no rust.
The first thing I noticed, both rear arches were rusty, the front bumper had cracked and did not line up right, the washer jet was not secure, the headlights losing their coating, along with wear on the drivers bolster. So I walked away and another 4 hours back on the train.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts