Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Over the last few months my car hasn't been running right. When I set off the power is ok then the power seems to drop then it picks up again, also when driving steady say in third gear it seems to judder, like waves of power then loss of it. I thought it might be the spark plugs that need changing but it's just had its major service and still doing it. Any ideas what could be causing this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...The mechanic at my local Ford garage said it might be worth replacing the fuel filter, but he wasn't sure if this would fix it.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,858 Posts
We need more information really before attempting to point you at similar examples that may or may not help.

Are you standard or tuned?

Have any fault codes been generated?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies lads. It has a fpm375 map from 2017 on a 2016 car. It had a turbo oil leak which I only spotted because it was doing as mentioned above, the mechanic did say this won't be connected. It does seem to be a coincidence that this started happening when the oil was low. No codes have been generated and the revs are steady when on idle, the car still drives well when putting my foot down it's just when driving steady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts