Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct place as it could be anything and not being overly mechanically knowledgeable I can't narrow it down too much to what could be wrong.

This has only happened twice now, first coming back from Ford Fair and second time today driving back from Essex monthly RS meet.

The car seems to hesitate going above 3ish K rpm in any gear and the accelerator pedal is heavier than normal driving. The car boosts nowhere near as much and sometimes only goes up one quarter of the gauge. The accelerator pedal will be pressed fully down and the car will rev up to 3k slowly and won't go any higher but will carry on boosting a bit.

The clutch is on its way out I'm sure as the only other diagnosis is sometimes when foot is flat down the revs will get to 3k and then shoot right up to the top as if its slipping.

The occurrence of it not going above 3k has only happened today and driving back from Ford Fair. Both times have been driving back at motorway speeds, 70-80mph.

What could it be? No engine light etc. Feels almost like a limp mode.

Help needed as it's rather concerning. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I was going to say I hope I didn't jinx it but you said you've had it occur before ... Another member reporter a similar problem and if I recall it might of been the boost control solenoid or something.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a horrible feeling I'd be jinxed today. Seems the clutch may be going and what I can perhaps hope is the boost solenoid and not something more dire/expensive.

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,067 Posts
The clutch isnt that old zack, keith did put a new one in. Get the car to mark williams mate hes the best at these things i rate him as the best and he only works on my car

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The clutch has got around 20k miles on it now in 2 years which going by the history it seems to be around the same as the previous clutch. Who is that mate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts