Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so my engine management light came on this morning, the car is still boosting correctly, but my code reader reads three codes, also grey smoke came out my exhaust once on the way home! they are the following:

P0503
P0420
P0420p

Please help guys!

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
P0503 is abs cables. I could stand corrected
Also the other one I think is catalytic converter. I believe. Without checking out on auto data I again could stand corrected

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
It's fairly known for standard RS focus to eventually blow there cats. They do run slightly rich. So unburnt fuel enters the cat. And due to immense heat it then ignites causing the internals to fail over a period of time

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had this happen. Grey smoke out the back end. Cat decided to disintegrate at about 30000 miles. Seems to be a common thing around this mileage. Time for a new cat I would have thought. You can pick them up quite cheap second hand or you could use it as a sign to get a new exhaust!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To be fair mate I need a new exhaust so this is a perfect opportunity! Where can I find a replacement though to be on the safe side! Any links? and also MR420 you are a life saver

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put a wanted thread up in the classifieds. Someone will have one they're willing to sell. If not I seem to remember RS Direct offering them for sale second hand.

If you do go for a new exhaust system, be careful!! It's a slippery slope.

My cat blew through on May 2015 and my car is now MP350 plus a few other pieces!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.