Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a mk3 :whistle:

The more videos that are coming out, it does look good. My wife is refusing to sell her ST as she loves it too much, so all that remains is selling the mk2 to fund a mk3.

But, I don't think the mk3 will have the road presence of a UG mk2. I now have my car as I want it with power, handling and looks.

I'm worried I would regret selling my mk2 :blink:

HELP!!!

Registered
I regretted selling my first FW RS
So I got myself an UG ,
I would only get a mk3 if I could keep the mk2 and that ain't happening so if you think your likely to regret it then don't do it, I'm sure the mk3 will be an incredible car to drive but it has nothing on the mk2 when it comes to the looks, good luck with your decision but I'd go with the heart not the had! We mk2 owners have a love affair with our cars and it's something that don't go away :0)

Registered
Mate, look at all the posts of people that regret selling their mk2, was talking to Alberto on sat, he's the perfect example.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Premium Member
It's understandable for you mate because it's easier for you to get your little one in the back of too but just think long and hard about it! :wink:
:nice:

Premium Member
Don't do it Greg :facepalm: lol if your in that position I would wait until Q3 in 2016. Because I assume by then you will have had chance to look at one more closely and drive one because of owners on here. Then make your decision. :yep:
I agree, wait & see what they are like to drive / live with 1st, there's no rush. :nice:

Plus, if they do a '500 style' limited run car later, you'd regret it even more buying an early car. :nice:

Registered
Wait until the reviews come out. For me it'd have to be a 100% perfect driving weapon with impeccable build quality to make up for its dowdy looks. The only way to find that out is to see the press feedback!

Registered
Don't do it Greg!!!.your right about the mk2,as it stands out a lot more,if you can ask your good lady to trade up on her St,then that's a better way!!!,or if you can afford to keep your mk2 and buy a mk3 then go for this,but I'm still not too keen on the mk3,it just looks too bland!!!..I would only buy a mk3 if I won the lottery just for the sakes of it,but that would be the only reason..but think long and hard before you decide what to do!!!!,best of luck!!!..

Premium Member

The more videos that are coming out, it does look good. My wife is refusing to sell her ST as she loves it too much, so all that remains is selling the mk2 to fund a mk3.

But, I don't think the mk3 will have the road presence of a UG mk2. I now have my car as I want it with power, handling and looks.

HELP!!!
Greg. . . .can't believe what i'm reading !! You had too much Angolan sun :smile: :smile:

Plus you're gonna have to wait now, so no hurry :nice:

Premium Member
I would also wait, new car isn't anything to look at in my opinion but I am sure it will drive well. Runout limited edition would be the one to go for in my book if you can wait that long and they don't all get allocated before they come onto the market like the RS500. At least you can drive the MK3 and make up your own mind if you would like a special and of course later cars will have more chance of having the bugs sorted. With a bit of luck a limited edition will be a bit more radical more like the Focus ST Motorbase/Mountune BTCC car with an RS front. Those drivers that don't want a more radical car can just purchase the std car so everyone is happy. Just remember though that "the grass is always greener on the other side" until you get there that is, so I would proceed with caution rather than just go with the flow.

Premium Member

HELP!!!
So why get rid of it?! :blink: I think you know the answer to this... :smile:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts