Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Is it possible to have a calendar for regional areas on the forum?

This way the rep's can put in shows, meets, rolling road days for all to see. Rather than trying to remember whats happening through posts or threads.

Just an idea.

cheers :nice:

·
Administrator
49,107 Posts
There's an Events Calendar under the "Club" tab at the top of the screen , you can add events to this and they will be displayed in the "Upcoming Calendar Events" area on the forums screen .

Alternatively you can do a pinned topic with a list of events and dates in your regional area forum .

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
There's an Events Calendar under the "Club" tab at the top of the screen , you can add events to this and they will be displayed in the "Upcoming Calendar Events" area on the forums screen .

Alternatively you can do a pinned topic with a list of events and dates in your regional area forum .
Didn't know the club calendar exists.

Downside is that it is full with birthdays, which is good, but looses the ability to see events easily.

Is it possible to include a filter e.g All items, less birthdays / events only, birthdays only?
Just a thought.

It certainly would be helpful having a calendar like this fir events, particularly when trying to organise multi region meets as a post would most likely be regional only.

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
The system defaults to the Birthdays Calendar Dave , but there's a drop-down menu which shows the Shows and Events Calendars (without the birthdays) .
@Clive
One learns something new on this forum every day. :lol: :thumbsup:

That drop isn't very visible on an iPad (white text on grey background), will check from PC another time.

I see normal members can't add to the calendar, but presume reps, staff, admins can.

My only other observation is that national, regional & sponsor events are on separate selections, any chance of a 4th e.g. "all meets/events" ?

·
Administrator
49,107 Posts
My only other observation is that national, regional & sponsor events are on separate selections, any chance of a 4th e.g. "all meets/events" ?
It doesn't really matter which Calendar an event is added to , all events will appear in the "Upcoming Calendar Events" area on the forums screen .

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
It doesn't really matter which Calendar an event is added to , all events will appear in the "Upcoming Calendar Events" area on the forums screen .
@Clive
Agreed for when the event is about to occur.
However I was thinking for forward planning some months ahead, or is it possible in upcoming events to select the month or day as well, I haven't tried, (I have now and no it doesn't that I could see), thought it better to discuss here for others to learn from.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
You should be able to add upcoming events up to 10 years ahead. The events should show in the upcoming events box if they are under 365 days away.

(I have just edited the Whitby Run entry to change from Birthdays to Regional Events)

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
You should be able to add upcoming events up to 10 years ahead. The events should show in the upcoming events box if they are under 365 days away.

(I have just edited the Whitby Run entry to change from Birthdays to Regional Events)
@Rich

In the birthdays and updated status side bars there is a "view all" button (I am viewing on iPad).
But this button doesn't exist for the forthcoming events, I can see 4 events in that area and would need to go to the club drop down and choose the relevant events drop down.

These are really good features, I just feel it lacks a view that merges all regional/national & sponsor events for regional rep planning purposes. The hiccup we had trying to arrange the multi-region meet is an example of this where all the people debating forget a key event in one region.

@rs Tina just trying to make the club better, there is always room for improvement as additional features come to light.

·
Administrator
49,107 Posts
In the birthdays and updated status side bars there is a "view all" button (I am viewing on iPad).
But this button doesn't exist for the forthcoming events, I can see 4 events in that area and would need to go to the club drop down and choose the relevant events drop down.
There are currently only four events to show Dave , if and when there are more than five you'll get the "View all" option .

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
There are currently only four events to show Dave , if and when there are more than five you'll get the "View all" option .
Cheers @Clive :thumbsup:

I knew there would be a simple logical answer.
End of show season scarcity of events no doubt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts