Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Newbie alert here! I actually have a 64 plate Leon Cupra 280 but I'm seriously thinking of ordering an RS. The only concern I have is buying blind - ie not getting a test drive. My Leon is a fantastic every day car as it has 4 driving modes but on the 4th one, you can pick settings from the others to create your own custom mode which means you can have the maximum power/response, maximum sensitivity on the LSD, stiffer steering but softer suspension settings. What I am concerned with is the ride comfort - sometimes, you don't want to have all your fillings knocked out at maximum attack speed! What does everyone else think? Is this going to be an RS you can use everyday in all situations?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
It has an adaptive suspension with two selectable mods, Base and Sport, so it can be used every day, not just for a weekend ride.
My Mk3 is going to be daily, just like mk2, when I was doing around 26k a year.
But As Rich said, if you are not sure and not in
a hurry, wait for a test drive and if you'll like it, you can have yours delivered around 2017.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I don't you'll have a problem with ride comfort for the reasons already stated and because the car is designed to appeal to a wider audience.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a Leon Cupra 280 also. Before this I had a Mk 2 RS. I regret selling my RS a year ago and can't wait for the new RS. The Leon is a nice car but it just doesn't have the character and looks of an RS. I thought that I wanted a less "in your face" looking car, but I've realised that isn't the case. The ride of my Leon is similar to the mk 2 RS, so I would guess the new RS would be similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.