Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Breather ,the unit itself does not require catch tanks and internally has been altered and in fairness does a good job the unit in the cad pics shows the new lid which is held in place more securely

Mtune still comeing but as always for the Rs focus mk2 the sales number will be much smaller
Than the new global sales for the new Rs
(Ive had this explained in detail so understand root causes )
Oh all are requests have been placed in the list
Including security

Hi torque map not totally written off but they are now at a point your going to break stuff so they don't like the idea its not within mountunes ethos
But but but I said we only want a little more

Torque mount
Yes but add it to the list ,why because it needs to be better than standard but not so harsh you would complain

All are in hand but mountune are really busy and things take priority
Erm

Was there anything else I need to ask ?

Il try an clarify any of these points if you would like to know more

·
Premium Member
MK2 MR420 Clubsport
730 Posts
Awesome :thumbsup:

Just the usual waiting in mountime now :facepalm:

I wonder how much of these we will see over the coming 12 months, 12 Days of mountune and Cars and Coffee are usually used to release new products so hopefully we will see some of these items appear then.

As for the Hi-Torque map we'll need to get EMS to start another thread on the mountune forum :rofl:

One other thing I've wondered, do they have official figures for the MR420, like 0-60, 0-100 and 31-62 in gear times like they quote for other kits on their website?

Simon

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I did ask about
Official figures
A head to head at Bedford
A magazine article

It's faster than a 375
The test head to head wouldn't show anything other than 420 is faster
A article was in the pipeline but it was knocked on the head (I did ask why ?, the mule is privately owned and hey I can understand I wouldn't want strangers raggin my car ,just so we can be told it's better than the last conversion)

The hi torque map hasn't been given the axe of death so I will txt Richard and get him on it lol

They get lulls and they jump onto bits but work loads get dumped on them and these bits take second place
But they are not forgotten

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
A really really easy one would be to offer the X4 bits separately... Imagine if you had a bump losing your trapeziod, yet to replace the broken parts you have to buy a whole new X4 kit...

At this time, I only want the infill panel and the porous pipe...

Torque mount would be really nice. I like the idea of Mountune inside, outside, out the back and underneath...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Of course ,
The biggest question of them all,
would upcoming MP Mk3 package be totally awesome, just like the rest and should we expect one next year?
I'm not allowed to tell you anything about the new Rs (yet)
They like to reveal stuff .you guys understand that
...I also upset a few along the way with info I have ....
(When I was talking this morning ,mountune understood how I got it all across and it made sense ....not my words by "reading between the lines")

I will always try my best to let you know as I do

The custard club

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I'm not allowed to tell you anything about the new Rs (yet)
They like to reveal stuff .you guys understand that
...I also upset a few along the way with info I have ....
(When I was talking this morning ,mountune understood how I got it all across and it made sense ....not my words by "reading between the lines")
I will always try my best to let you know as I do
The custard club
That understandable Rico, still worth a try :lol:
Keeps us updated :nice:

·
Premium Member
MK2 MR420 Clubsport
730 Posts
Of course ,
The biggest question of them all,
would upcoming MP Mk3 package be totally awesome, just like the rest and should we expect one next year?
I would have thought that the MP kit would be available from launch of the model? Was this not the case with the MP350 for the MK2?

Simon

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A really really easy one would be to offer the X4 bits separately... Imagine if you had a bump losing your trapeziod, yet to replace the broken parts you have to buy a whole new X4 kit...

At this time, I only want the infill panel and the porous pipe...

Torque mount would be really nice. I like the idea of Mountune inside, outside, out the back and underneath...
I'm convinced if you required one for this reason after a bump they would accomdate you as you have purchased one already

i have been asking about one for the other side but don't think itl happen due to time
Mind you never write the idea off
I would have thought that the MP kit would be available from launch of the model? Was this not the case with the MP350 for the MK2?

Simon
No
From memory it was available after the 500 went live

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
If Mountune re start he finance I'll get it all right now!!! Lol sod all this credit card stuff. Finance bosh job done. Lol

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,067 Posts
exciting times really, it doesnt matter if only bits do ever become for sale its more they are still showing interest in the mk2's

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I think it's a case of remember the Cossie days. Years after they stopped producing people/company's were doing what ever they can to make the car better. So much development work and to this day it prob still happens. Mountune probably see this like the old cosworth and RS turbo days. Why give up. Leave all doors open. If there is interest there is revenue and lots of money to be earnt

1 - 20 of 245 Posts