Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So planning a wee trip to Brands hatch for the BSB in October, just wondering if anyone has been and what the parking is like? Just to decide whether the RS will be going or the good old trusty work car.

Cheers

Jodie x

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey all,
So planning a wee trip to Brands hatch for the BSB in October, just wondering if anyone has been and what the parking is like? Just to decide whether the RS will be going or the good old trusty work car.
Cheers
Jodie x
Hi Jodie
This is my home circuit , been hundreds of times over the years .
The parking will be in fields unless you have a paddock pass .
The fields are good and right next to the circuit , all flat so no issues with getting stuck .
Only exception to this is the south bank it has a gravel type area at the top along the ridge and grass in front which is not good for FWD cars if it's wet .
I always get there early so I can get parked on South bank gravel area , but at some events it's not open .

Not sure if this helps much :)

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Hey all,

Cheers

Jodie x
Jodie,

I once parked a sierra estate in the Disabled parking behind the start/finish straight to come back and find the passenger door stoved in.

Thankfully a car park steward saw it occur and took the van's details,

i had to report it to the police onsite at the circuit and they did the car driver for not leaving his details and provided me with his insurance details.

So if coming in the RS (great drive down from bonnie scotland) leave it at your hotel and get a cab to the circuit & back again.

Unfortunately not everyone is as careful with cars parked near them as we are.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jodie,

I once parked a sierra estate in the Disabled parking behind the start/finish straight to come back and find the passenger door stoved in.

Thankfully a car park steward saw it occur and took the van's details,
i had to report it to the police onsite at the circuit and they did the car driver for not leaving his details and provided me with his insurance details.

So if coming in the RS (great drive down from bonnie scotland) leave it at your hotel and get a cab to the circuit & back again.
Unfortunately not everyone is as careful with cars parked near them as we are.
In fairness that can happen anywhere , some people out there just don't give a **** about other peoples property .

·
Registered
514 Posts
I took mine there and parked on the grass in November for the truck racing and fire work display.
Car was fine getting in and out, just a little muddy but soon got washed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts