Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi guys. In need of rear brakes but might do both. Can't afford the full big spec set ups so I'm after decent set of discs and pads?
I've had EBC before and they were :f: so can anyone point me in the direction I need to go!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm going genuine ford at front with ferodo ds2500 pads, might get the discs grooved locally too, used genuine ford at the rear 18 months ago or so with cosworth street master pads and they have been spot on and are wearing well on around 10k miles a year

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Use standard mate, the standard fronts are brembo discs so imho it doesn't make sense to pay the same price (or in some cases more) for EBC's & some others!
I don't think you'll notice any difference with grooved discs either......however it does look good!

My setup is new standard discs all round & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, I did the Nurburgring with this setup and had no issues at all, all seemed well suited to the car and I'm running MR375.

All my opinion of course, each to their own and all that ;)

Product Font Material property Gas Packaging and labeling Automotive tire Tire Bumper Automotive design Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
I looking at the same at mo. Just to add TAROX have also just released some discs too!
I'm thinking Cosworth pads at mo, but still deciding on discs. Also debating changing fluid whilst I'm at it.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
OEM disks and EBC Yellowstuff on all corners. Have to say this works great, nice feel and better then all OEM. Work good from cold too. Good price too from A&K Motorsport (sponsor).

·
SUPPLYING PARTS FOR RS AND ST FORDS SINCE 2013.
ANDY & KIRSTY CLUB SPONSORS
2,780 Posts
:thumbsup: Drop us a PM for advice and prices on genuine Ford discs and pads or EBC or Ferodo pads.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Just had mine services and MOT
it failed the mot on the rear pads so had new fitted. All at Ford plus two front tyres!!!!
Mines is 100% standard so keeping everything as Ford intended
Front brakes next month then all good.

Suppose it's down to what upgrades the machine has had so it's a no brainer to upgrade the brakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts