Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brakes are due to be changed on my service at the end of September. From looking around online it looks to be around £300 on OE parts just for discs. I may need to do all four by the end of the year. Is it true that the xc90 has the same brake disc and if so which model?

·
Premium Member
13,254 Posts
I needed mine changed and OEM didn't work out that cheap especially as I wanted better pads. I was lucky as Mountune were doing a special offer on brakes at the time but if too expensive I would definitely upgrade fronts not stick with OEM replacements.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Only comparrison i can find is the volvo v70

Volvo

Disc thickness 28mm

Vented

Centre Diameter 63.6

Diameter 336mm

Height 52mm

Pitch circle 108

Hole Arrangement 05/06

Focus Rs

Disc thickn ess 28mm

Vented

Centre Diameter 63

Diameter 336mm

Height 52mm

Bolts holes 5

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Have you tried any of the forum sponsors? They usually do deals for pads and discs. OEM Brakes are more than adequate imo and do the job very well!

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,051 Posts
I'd bite the bullet and stick with OEM unless you were looking for an upgrade.

Keeping an RS in good fettle was never going to be cheap.

·
Registered
971 Posts
OEM front discs are Brembo discs, work really well if mated with some decent pads.
I use Ferrodo DS2500 pads, had no issues at Nurburgring this year ;)

Feel like I need to keep explaining the the OEM fronts are Brembo's as its quite common for people to put a cheaper alternative disc on that can actually end up costing more I.e more money for less quality

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I have tried many different "uprated" pads and just put new oem disks and pads in with new fluid and I must have forgotten how good they were when new. I really rate oem over just changing the pads for "better" I think a few of the sponsors have some good offers at the moment too :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts