Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought my mk1 RS about 6 months ago and ambloving he car. I knew there were a few bits needing doing so took the car to trust ford of eltham to have the work done. The car has had ford dealer stamps in the main and the location was convenient so I went for the ford dealer rather than an independent. Anyway the front lads needed replacing. No big deal you'd think. But Trust Ford tell me that they can't fit the standard pads they've got for the car and the only pads they can get which will fit cost £600odd quid! The garage told me that the calipers are the standard ones for the RS so I ordered a set of standard pads from SCC and asked the garage to fit these (assume they'd be fine as the calipers are standard apparently).
Unfortunately the garage now tell me that these pads don't fit either and that they still can only recommend the £600 quid pads as being suitable
Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on here? Anyone know which pads might fit or what I should do?

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Oem mk1 focus Rs brake pads do cost over £500 and who ever told you standard pads fit the Rs need shooting. Yes the rear brake pads are the same. But the mk1 Rs front pads are specific. But you can find them on eBay

·
Registered
71 Posts
If Scc aren't far from you get them to sort it out, will be cheaper than taking to ford I'm sure, they have these in everyday and know there way round them, I shouldn't think anyone would be put off having there stamps in a ford service book either

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
:thumbsup: We can do genuine Ford parts as below..............

Here are our 2015 prices for Mk1 RS Genuine Ford brake parts.

Mk1 RS

Front Discs £400.00 per pair
Rear Discs £130.00 per pair

Front Pads HP £500.00 (with anti-rattle weights)
Front Pads SP £160.00 (no anti-rattle weights)
Rear Pads £35.00

all prices are based on payment by bank transfer or debit card (Pay Pal or credit card payments add 3% to cover costs) and include VAT and delivery to most postcodes in mainland GB.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.