Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys, had the 5th service 2 weeks ago at dealers, not used the car and when I started it up it said brake fluid low, I had a look and took a photo,to me it is low and they didn't check it,should the levels be between the top of the triangle indicators or the bottom of the triangle, many thanks
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Synthetic rubber Tints and shades

· Registered
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,727 Posts
The level will definitely go down as the pads wear but if the fluid level was set at max when they were new, you wouldn't 't normally get to a warning state as a result of wear alone.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They changed the brake fluid on the second service and as I've only done 4000 miles since then I'm leaving it until next year,never looked at it after they done the fluid change, but always a problem when I get it serviced at my local dealer,due to illness it was easier going to them.the car car has done 13 miles since the service and check list says check brake fluid level and top up if needed, they've ticked it and not done it,will now check how much oil they've put in, might seem petty but last year they didn't check the wiper bottle level as I left the cap loose.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every 2 years, I chose not to do it last year as the car had only done 2600 miles since the last change, will have it done next year,paid for it last time and they didn't do it, I marked everything up, there excuse was they wrote bfc on the work sheet and the mechanic didn't know what bfc stood for, so didn't ask,I complained and it was done and I got a full tank of fuel as a goodwill gesture, should be able to trust people to do what there paid for, as picture shows they haven't changed, it will be going some where different next year.

· Registered
William-RS Mk3
844 Posts
If my garage behaved like that I would move on quickly. My old Ford double cab failed to start one day parked ourside a B&Q on a slight downward slope, found out the electrolite levels in the battery had dropped too low. Went and saw the service manager with all their check sheets and the Ford service schedule. His excuse, all the other Fords had sealed batteries! Guess where I didn't buy my RS from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts