Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing a BMW M3 in its exclusive Yas Marina Blau colour made me understand the rational behind choosing the Nitrous Blue as the RS exclusive colour. Surely, a good way of associating the hottest hatch on earth to one of the hottest saloons. BMW's Yas Marina Blue is as close as the Ford designers dared to pick the colour for the RS.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure that was at the forefront of fords minds but an interesting take.

The 2015 M3 is truly an awesome car and that is by far the best colour option.

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
Was very close to buying an M3/M4 at the beginning of the year, before opting for other BM and Yas marina is quite different to NB, and in my opinion does not look great, except if it's a sunshine.
NB is very close to Porsche riviera Blue, a much better choice.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
I'd thought it might look like a pearly version of Riviera (looks lovely on the old 968 CS which I pass occasionally) but the colour looks a little hard to live with painted on an Audi Q5

3.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
When I worked for Rover it was known as "birds egg blue" and was used on a number of cars including the Morris Marina.

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
Personally i think the RS works better with a darker colour, the more i see NB, the less i like it personally!! :whistle:

Sorry! :blush:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I see a Yas Marina Blue M3 almost everyday (black alloys aswell). If the RS looks half as good in the flesh in NB it'll be pretty awesome

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Please notice that Yas Marina blue is a 4 layer pearlescent paint - like NB. Hence, the similarity. Porsche and Volvo colours are solid.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Of all the weird and wonderful unanswerable MK3 question threads this has got to be up there!

Volvo do a similar colour too... wait, didn't Ford do something before with Volvo?

attachicon.gif
1321518342166617742.jpg
Ford sold Volvo AFAIK back in 2007... Volvo have only really been messing about with polestar (that's what the blue is called on the Volvo's) for the last few years. Believe polestar was a racing team and they have just bought them and use as branding for any of their 'hot' models... basically their RS brand.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Of all the weird and wonderful unanswerable MK3 question threads this has got to be up there!

Ford sold Volvo AFAIK back in 2007... Volvo have only really been messing about with polestar (that's what the blue is called on the Volvo's) for the last few years. Believe polestar was a racing team and they have just bought them and use as branding for any of their 'hot' models... basically their RS brand.
I think Ford sold Volvo along with JLR, Aston Martin and Mazda back in 2010 IIRC.

Polestar is the performance tuning company associated with Volvo and the blue is called 'Rebel blue'

1 - 20 of 25 Posts