Focus RS Forum banner
381 - 400 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
is there a live link where to download the update from so I can load it onto my USB and update my nav multimedia so I can stream music through Bluetooth?
Yep...as mentioned in Post #1, my Dropbox links in Post #305 are still working.

Just make sure you copy to the smallest/oldest most ****** USB stick you can find. I have a 512MB and a 1GB stick, both formatted as 'FAT' (rather then FAT32 or NTFS) to recreate the type of sticks that were in use when this update came out. There are many reports of it not working on more modern, larger capacity versions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep...as mentioned in Post #1, my Dropbox links in Post #305 are still working.

Just make sure you copy to the smallest/oldest most :censored: USB stick you can find. I have a 512MB and a 1GB stick, both formatted as 'FAT' (rather then FAT32 or NTFS) to recreate the type of sticks that were in use when this update came out. There are many reports of it not working on more modern, larger capacity versions.
ah it maybe because I am on a work compute it says error. will try later on. also which one do I click for usb and not dvd? I have the lux 2

·
Registered
36 Posts
have managed to update the media! ive download the iso and burned it to a disk and while I was following some instructions it mentioned if my MAIN_VER_SW is higher than 1118_**** then I do not need to do the 5.3 update. My MAIN_VER_SW number was 1218_**** so does this mean I have a software later than the 5.3?

my navigation seems to always get puzzled on the map when I am driving and I checked my disc and I have a 2010 maps disk, is there anywhere recommended for newer satnav version disks? I was thinking this update by CD was the new maps but I guess im confused

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
@rsryan94
have managed to update the media! ive download the iso and burned it to a disk and while I was following some instructions it mentioned if my MAIN_VER_SW is higher than 1118_**** then I do not need to do the 5.3 update. My MAIN_VER_SW number was 1218_**** so does this mean I have a software later than the 5.3?

my navigation seems to always get puzzled on the map when I am driving and I checked my disc and I have a 2010 maps disk, is there anywhere recommended for newer satnav version disks? I was thinking this update by CD was the new maps but I guess im confused
Ryan,
Apologies I haven't been into this thread for a while and as I wasn't tagged I didn't see your questions.

Nav Disk first, there is a 2017 map update disk available, as these get updated approx may each year you may be better waiting for the 2018 update to come out, cost is around £80 these days, you can order via a dealer (who now gets them directly from Tom Tom ) or you can shop around iron the Internet. @Tezza or Rates often have the best prices though.

As for the version numbering, I don't acttually know how numbering system used works, logic would indicate that it's a higher numbe for later version, but I a, not 100% on that.
The easiest way to tell is whether you already have BT streaming or not for the head end update (v5.3 disk) and for the audio files you can tell if it's the latest if you have a phone signal strength indicator (bottom left I think) and also if you can use just a standard Apple USB cable (and not need to use the Ford Y-cable).

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
is there a way to show the nummer thats playing with bluetooth on lux 2? It works but doesnt display the song thats being played.
is there a way to show the nummer thats playing with bluetooth on lux 2? It works but doesnt display the song thats being played.
@bloodpearl

Unfortunately not. The displayed information is very limited (e.g. track number only, I can't recall what else)

And development on that softwRe ceased many years ago.
It's a shame that the manufacturer of the unit doesn't put the code into the public domain to be edited.
The downside with the latter is that there are different versions of Head unit (early ones have less RAM memory).

·
Registered
118 Posts
@bloodpearl

Unfortunately not. The displayed information is very limited (e.g. track number only, I can't recall what else)

And development on that softwRe ceased many years ago.
It's a shame that the manufacturer of the unit doesn't put the code into the public domain to be edited.
The downside with the latter is that there are different versions of Head unit (early ones have less RAM memory).
thats to bad :( thx for the info

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi guys hope you can help.
I have usb and aux. I have lux 2 with Bluetooth.
I updated to the latest version via usb.
I can find my phone make calls receive calls but will not play music via Bluetooth.
Do I need to update with the disc also because I dont have one unfortunately. Cheers

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
@Brett_rockn_rolla

As dnw21 has said, yes you will need the dvd firmware upgrade.

What region or nearby large town are you?

Have you checked the names on post 1 to see if anyone is near you?

I have a dvd I can send out, I just ask it gets returned for others to use.
However not everyone is happy to diy the update.

Update sequence is
V5.3 dvd (headend Firmware Update)
USB files (media update)
Module mods (Elm cable - if needed)

·
Registered
187 Posts
@Brett_rockn_rolla

As dnw21 has said, yes you will need the dvd firmware upgrade.

What region or nearby large town are you?

Have you checked the names on post 1 to see if anyone is near you?

I have a dvd I can send out, I just ask it gets returned for others to use.
However not everyone is happy to diy the update.

Update sequence is
V5.3 dvd (headend Firmware Update)
USB files (media update)
Module mods (Elm cable - if needed)
I live West Midlands and am willing to travel if anybody can help.
In case nobody can I will take you up on your offer Dave Im sure I can ask a friend who is a little more car & tech savvy to help out

·
Registered
76 Posts
FYI all, Dave recently sent me the v5.3 DVD which worked great. He also sent two USB pens which failed to work.

I downloaded the files from Poopdecks Dropbox onto a 8Gb USB pen in FAT32 format. Worked first time.

Still no Bluetooth music streaming so I need the ELM confit done.

Mine is a Aug 2009 model.

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
FYI all, Dave recently sent me the v5.3 DVD which worked great. He also sent two USB pens which failed to work.
I downloaded the files from Poopdecks Dropbox onto a 8Gb USB pen in FAT32 format. Worked first time.
Still no Bluetooth music streaming so I need the ELM confit done.
Mine is a Aug 2009 model.
All sorted now.

I met up with @Darrin on my way back along the M4 today and it just needed the right option selecting on theVoice recognition module.

One more that has shown that some of the early builds need this simple setting change.

Was good talking to you Darrin and look forward to you getting along to some future

·
Registered
260 Posts
I need to configure this for my early 2009 lux 2 model rs

@Dave276 do I assume I need to select the BT/VC High + USB, and BTAudio for NAV only option to enable my Bluetooth steaming option from the options shown in the screenshot below ?

Dave - ELMConfig has an extra option on the menu these days (compared to the screenshot you've got on post 1). I'm not sure which of the last two options is the correct one, as I've not had to update one recently...but if anyone finds out, perhaps let us know :nice:

The options (which seem to say the same thing) are:

BT/VC High + USB + BTAudio + Navi
BT/VC High + USB, and BTAudio for NAV only

attachicon.gif
SRM_Configuration.png

·
Registered
14,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
@rsgavin

I need to configure this for my early 2009 lux 2 model rs
@Dave276 do I assume I need to select the BT/VC High + USB, and BTAudio for NAV only option to enable my Bluetooth steaming option from the options shown in the screenshot below ?
Correct Gavin, the very last option in the selection list.

381 - 400 of 440 Posts