Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
William-RS Mk3
844 Posts
I would expect the Red edition to always be worth more than a Blue as fewer were made. This should make it a better long term vehicle to own. It also has a painted roof rather than a wrapped one.

· Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
4,168 Posts
I‘d have the red 👍 I like the colour plus they only made 300 of them so a bit rarer than the blue, also people know it’s an edition on site with the red, with the blue it’s the question is a it real one? or has someone added the bits to emulate the edition? 😉👍

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I‘d have the red 👍 I like the colour plus they only made 300 of them so a bit rarer than the blue, also people know it’s an edition on site with the red, with the blue it’s the question is a it real one? or has someone added the bits to emulate the edition? 😉👍
Cheers If I can get the Red one within my budget then that would be the preferred route if I am honest. Cheers

· Registered
4,481 Posts
ive had a red and two blue editions.the red will always be worth a bit more due to the more ltd numbers but in years to come i dont think there will be a great deal of difference in price,a bit like the big and small turbo es cos models,nowadays its condition thats important not which model it is,the other thing is that most folk/dealers selling reds are asking a lot more than their worth which is why the same cars are still for sale months and months or even yrs later where as the blues seem to sell a lot faster [more popular colour?] or just because they are a bit cheaper?
i could have gone for another red last time but chose to have a very low miler in blue rather than a higher miler in red for same money (y)

· Registered
2,726 Posts
I love the red and there are far less of them, but I do think blue probably appeals to more people- and it’s a specific RS colour whereas you can have a normal focus in red. As said, expensive ones don’t seem to sell and there’s at least one more realistically priced one now on autotrader, personally I don’t think you can go far wrong with either colour, which is why I think going for the colour you prefer would be your best bet.

· Registered
2,784 Posts
For me - Blue - Pros - Has blue trim on Shell seats along with the carbon bits on interior make it stand out from the normal NB, the blue callipers suit car well.
Cons - The black roof is a wrap and not paint so will need replaced at some point, no sunroof option. 500 not as limited as the red. Other standard Rs can replicate the edition easily as NB in colour range.

Red - Pros - More limited at 300 made, should always fetch better price. The red was only used for the edition and not on earlier run.
Cons - Nothing special about interior, if selected option the blue callipers can clash with red paint then if do red they look a bit Halfords like (IMO just never looks right in red or blue).
A good point is that both models avoid the gasket recall due to later builds.

· Registered
4,481 Posts
Pretty sure blue calipers weren’t available as an option on the red in the Uk. Think they were in other countries.
yep the reds had plain calipers only, another minus point :whistle: on the blue i must admit i do like the blue trim on the shells,makes it a bit more unique,its a shame they never made the red with a red trimmed shell seat that would have looked great

1 - 20 of 23 Posts