Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ok , so I ventured down to SMC this morning to see the Black RS sitting in the showroom. First impressions of the paint was how much flek there was in it. It was probably helped by the fact the sun was out and shining right at it. I tried to get a picture of it but I`m not sure my phone camera picked it up :

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle

The car was chaperoned by Paul , a member of the events team and he was a nice chap and brought me a coffee straight away !

I started at the rear of the car and noticed that the left side exhaust has a butterfly valve on it. Only the left side mind and can only assume this to increase volume when on the loud pedal. It was situated just behind the shiny end muffler :

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle

Whilst down there I took a shot of the rear driveshaft which leads to the clutch pack but that is hidden behind a large crossmember :

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

Also at the back this car was fitted with the reversing camera neatly tucked under the boot lip :

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Next up was the interior which was nicely done with the blue piping and stitching.The car had the Lux pack and the CS upgrade seats - Very comfy :

Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Personal luxury car Vehicle Plant Car Steering wheel Motor vehicle

Think I`ve hit my pic limit !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Hope the butterfly valve turns out to be more reliable than the ones on the B7 RS4 that car had one on each side run off a complex vaccum system which also incorporated a valve in the inlet manifold and air box iirc if one failed audi charged £850 per corner :blink:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hope the butterfly valve turns out to be more reliable than the ones on the B7 RS4 that car had one on each side run off a complex vaccum system which also incorporated a valve in the inlet manifold and air box iirc if one failed audi charged £850 per corner :blink:
It looked electronic rather than vacuum controlled

I`ve got a lot more pics but no idea how to post them now as I`ve exceeded my image limit - Mods , can this be stretched ?

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Top work this the pictures so far :nice:

It looked electronic rather than vacuum controlled

I`ve got a lot more pics but no idea how to post them now as I`ve exceeded my image limit - Mods , can this be stretched ?
You've got to be a paid up member to post any more mate :yep: then you can post up an 'unlimited' amount

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The door sills did have the RS logo on them but they are not illuminated.

This car had the heated steering wheel button but the RS will not feature this. The show car started life as an ST

There was a nice little touch illuminating the door handles though ... pic

Managed to persuade them to start it and it didnt really sound that fruity to be honest but I was sat in the ****pit. No chance to rev it due to a family behind the car !

Under the bonnet the paper air filter is on show and looks a little bit unfinished. I was told this is to give it the induction noise. I can see this is one area Mountune will almost definitely deal with.

The car looked like it was fitted with windscreen wiper sensors and maybe the lane assist sensors as the rear view mirror had 3 separate sections.

This particular car had the front grill missing just below the crossmember where presumably a UK number plate will go. Not sure if the production model will have this addressed but like it was leaves the radiators in the direct firing line for dirt, leaves and general crud etc.

I will try and post the pictures of all I mention above asap. It was a lovely looking car and the "want" factor has grown immensely !!!

:bow:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
They look like it from the pics... looks like the new ones have more meat in the padding (great news)... If the new CS seats are better, I wonder if they'll swap easily with those in my car... :wink:
Depends if the new ones have the fold forward feature, or you will have trouble getting in the back of your car, as the new car being a 5 door it wont need it. :whistle:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts