Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
As per title, Managed to get Paul from the events team to pursuade the SMC manager to start her up............After he had cleared the desk behind lol

video link below:

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj542/swank1982/th_20151008_130527.mp4

Wish i could have got a vid from around engine bay, induction sound and turbo whistle sounded wicked

And Some more pics

20151008_131139.jpg

20151008_131028.jpg

20151008_131222.jpg

20151008_131039.jpg

Got to say massively impressed with it in black compared to the liquid blue one at Ford Fair. There happened to be a Blue Mk2 Rs in for a service, All 3 of us agreed that if we had the choice we would all pick up the keys for the Mk3 and drive that home as opposed to the Mk2.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Good pics!

Interesting that the dealership decide to place the RS on a red display area with what appears to be 'ST' written on the floor... :blink: :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
They maybe thought it was? (Sorry) Only joking :laughing:

That rear end looks nice from that angle :yep:
Oops, think i've started something here... :whistle: :blush: :smile: It was a genuine observation by the way; I don't think you would find Ford (hypothetically speaking) sticking their latest Ford GT on a mat with something other than 'Ford GT' or whatever on it!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
They wouldn't have a set area for it as the car is only with them for a few days. When they get allocated a demo/showroom car then they'll make a area for it including the RS logo.

From a marketing point they should have had a mat which had the RS logo on which they put down and take up as the car moves around different showrooms

Sounds nice, bet it sounds even better under full throttle

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Fair one Nick, makes sense! I would have just thought they would make a bit more effort, even if the car is only with them for a short time... I appreciate all that costs money, but in the grand scheme of things, it's the little things that make a difference. :blink: This is the flagship model after all; points mean prizes... :smile:

Anyway, it does look good, the blue callipers are a nice touch. :nice:

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ha... Paul said that everyone who had come in to look properly at the car had dropped a deposit ! Glad you got to hear it properly. The family behind at the desk weren't chuffed when I fired it up .... Oh well !!

·
Registered
957 Posts
As per title, Managed to get Paul from the events team to pursuade the SMC manager to start her up............After he had cleared the desk behind lol

video link below:

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/swank1982/media/20151008_1305271.mp4.html

Wish i could have got a vid from around engine bay, induction sound and turbo whistle sounded wicked

And Some more pics

20151008_131139.jpg

20151008_131028.jpg

20151008_131222.jpg

20151008_131039.jpg

Got to say massively impressed with it in black compared to the liquid blue one at Ford Fair. There happened to be a Blue Mk2 Rs in for a service, All 3 of us agreed that if we had the choice we would all pick up the keys for the Mk3 and drive that home as opposed to the Mk2.
The sound is it pretty accurate from the recording compared to reality? It sounds different to other videos.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Love the childish laugh in the vid haha
I couldnt help it....just came out lol

Like many havin put down a deposit blind, then seeing it at ford fair thinking....what hav i done? What shall i do?

But hearing it run and the thought of 350 bhp must of stirred some memories of my evo 6 10+yrs ago.

Absolutely loved it and this one without privacy glass, so can only get better. Confirmed to me that cs seats, blue calipers, and forged wheels were the correct options for me and worth the money....only thing left hope nitrous colour choice was the right one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sound is it pretty accurate from the recording compared to reality? It sounds different to other videos.
Yes id say pretty accurate, was in a enclosed room tho, albeit a large enclosed room. With the bonnet up my mate said the induction noise was awesome, but being stood behind didnt get to hear that too much cos of the rear end noise.... But he didnt think to film it....fail

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hmmm,I'm still not impressed with it still!!!,it sounded like my next door nieghbours taxi first thing in the morning!!!,sadly it's still a 5 door!!!,sorry but I still prefer my mk2 focus rs!!!!..it still just looks boring and bland!!!!..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm,I'm still not impressed with it still!!!,it sounded like my next door nieghbours taxi first thing in the morning!!!,sadly it's still a 5 door!!!,sorry but I still prefer my mk2 focus rs!!!!..it still just looks boring and bland!!!!..
Can i have your next door neighbours number? Now thats a taxi i wouldnt mind booking......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts