Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right well I just got back from SMC and all I have to say is WOW if you like the car in the pics going around then in the flesh it's something else lol has a lot of presence and aggressiveness and looks downright beautiful in black (whether this is shadow black or Panther black I'm unsure but looks like Panther black to me)

Right let's address some peoples bits and bobs

Seats: the demo had shell seats which is the main reason I went so I could have a sit in them and my observations are... I am 6ft 14 stone so pretty average when I first got in I noticed the bolsters on the set are high and for anyone not used to a mk2 will feel awkward for about 5 mins until you get used to them lol when I sat down I didn't feel any need whatsoever to adjust the height of the seat it's cruelly set very well and then adjusted the back and moved it forward and it was in a great position for me and I sat there for about 10-15 mins and was quite comfortable and I problems so a big 👍👍👍 from me there

Rear seats: sat in them for a couple of minutes very comfortable and I think with the shell seats they really set off the interior and I have to say there's a lot of leg room in the rear with the shell seats and I will be Horst and say that there's more leg room in the RS than I had in my ST3 👍👍

Interior: right now apart from the seats it's pretty much a normal focus if I honest, the gauges are different the gauge pod on the dash is nice it nothing much different to the ST, steering wheel for me doesn't give much to it the thing I do like the most is the black headliner and door pillars 👍👍 it's not a horrible place to sit at all but doesn't feel different enough from my titanium X

Wheels: now I'm a big fan of black wheels and I have to admit I love the forged ones the fronts make the discs and calipers look massive and the blue calipers set it off nicely all in all it looks great coupled with a black car, the rears obviously have smaller discs on but in the flesh I would say it's not noticeably small and didn't look out of place or not right at all so again 👍👍👍

Colour: right well I'm not sure if it's Panther black or shadow black lol if it's shadow black it's absolutely no different to Panther in my eyes and Iv had 3 Panther black cars haha it maybe looks more shiny if it was shadow black but like I say I dnt know lol but the colour was spot on 👍👍👍

Spoiler: looks great with the RS logos on the side... Only thing for me is the insert in the middle looks very plastic and some could say a little cheap but it sets the car off nicely 👍

Rear bumper: looks great I like the fog light dimple it doesn't stand out tbh and not the first thing you look at and the dual exhausts look nice tucked away but would be possible scope there for mountune or other tuners to offer slightly bigger ones but looks great 👍👍👍

Front bumper: WOW! Catch attention very quickly! Inter cooler looks huge in the front grill and I'd hate to look in my rear view mirror and see one of these powering up behind me haha from the front the bumper also gives an illusion of the car being wider than it actually is 👍👍👍

5 doors: tbh I'm a fan of the 5 doors so I'm biased, I do agree with both trains of thoughts that RS models should be three door but also that they should be practical and I have to say that I dnt think you notice the three doors especially in the black it still looks like an RS and I doubt very much if many people will be talking bout it having 5 doors after seeing it, after all evils and subarus have 4 doors?? I think it works well really 👍👍👍

Cheers for reading and hope you like the pics 👍👍

Attachments

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Colour: right well I'm not sure if it's Panther black or shadow black lol if it's shadow black it's absolutely no different to Panther in my eyes and Iv had 3 Panther black cars haha it maybe looks more shiny if it was shadow black but like I say I dnt know lol but the colour was spot on
If it's the same one that I saw at Bedford (probably is) then the VIN indicates that it started life as a Panther Black ST so probably Panther black as you say.

Nice report :nice:

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
Quality set of pics. Great job

Couple of questions -
1) Are the sills illuminated or just painted blue?
2) Next to the picture of the gear knob there's a button at the bottom that looks like heat rising onto a steering wheel... Is that a heated steering wheel feature or am I just mis-interpeting the image?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's the same one that I saw at Bedford (probably is) then the VIN indicates that it started life as a Panther Black ST so probably Panther black as you say.
Nice report :nice:
In my opinion it's definately Panther black lol but Iv been wrong before lol haha

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Thanks for the report, I did find it very useful :yep:

As I have ordered this same spec, I was very interested to read and see your findings. I was positive I was going to get the wheels painted silver straight away, but would like to see it first now.

If only a Ford Dealer near me could get there hands on that showroom car :facepalm:

Also, very happy with my choice of seat now. :nice: If they aren't comfy, I will just learn to live with it as they look great in the mk3. (dare I say they looked better than they did in the MK2 I went to view at weekend :shutup: )

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quality set of pics. Great job
Couple of questions -
1) Are the sills illuminated or just painted blue?
2) Next to the picture of the gear :censored: there's a button at the bottom that looks like heat rising onto a steering wheel... Is that a heated steering wheel feature or am I just mis-interpeting the image?
Oh yea sorry

1) it didn't look illuminated tbh mate looked like just painted but it was very bright in there so could be
2) yes it did have a heated steering wheel button
It does look pretty mean from the front! Glad i've gone for standard wheels though. Why no RS badge on the back?
I would say it's a demo car and as someone said it started out life as a ST

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
This showroom car is probably not a great indication of final spec as it is a pre-production model, but gives a great idea on how the thing looks in the metal

I believe production models are getting a black intercooler too which should look good

If it looks like that when I take delivery I would be happy, so I guess it can only improve from there!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This showroom car is probably not a great indication of final spec as it is a pre-production model, but gives a great idea on how the thing looks in the metal
Totally agree mate, main thing for me was the seats really but it looks really good

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
That would look great with the RS indents in the rear spoiler filled in with blue and the main part carbon fibre. Popping in tomorrow but your pics are great, saves me a job !

·
Registered
957 Posts
Right well I just got back from SMC and all I have to say is WOW if you like the car in the pics going around then in the flesh it's something else lol has a lot of presence and aggressiveness and looks downright beautiful in black (whether this is shadow black or Panther black I'm unsure but looks like Panther black to me)

Right let's address some peoples bits and bobs

Seats: the demo had shell seats which is the main reason I went so I could have a sit in them and my observations are... I am 6ft 14 stone so pretty average when I first got in I noticed the bolsters on the set are high and for anyone not used to a mk2 will feel awkward for about 5 mins until you get used to them lol when I sat down I didn't feel any need whatsoever to adjust the height of the seat it's cruelly set very well and then adjusted the back and moved it forward and it was in a great position for me and I sat there for about 10-15 mins and was quite comfortable and I problems so a big from me there

Rear seats: sat in them for a couple of minutes very comfortable and I think with the shell seats they really set off the interior and I have to say there's a lot of leg room in the rear with the shell seats and I will be Horst and say that there's more leg room in the RS than I had in my ST3

Interior: right now apart from the seats it's pretty much a normal focus if I honest, the gauges are different the gauge pod on the dash is nice it nothing much different to the ST, steering wheel for me doesn't give much to it the thing I do like the most is the black headliner and door pillars it's not a horrible place to sit at all but doesn't feel different enough from my titanium X

Wheels: now I'm a big fan of black wheels and I have to admit I love the forged ones the fronts make the discs and calipers look massive and the blue calipers set it off nicely all in all it looks great coupled with a black car, the rears obviously have smaller discs on but in the flesh I would say it's not noticeably small and didn't look out of place or not right at all so again

Colour: right well I'm not sure if it's Panther black or shadow black lol if it's shadow black it's absolutely no different to Panther in my eyes and Iv had 3 Panther black cars haha it maybe looks more shiny if it was shadow black but like I say I dnt know lol but the colour was spot on

Spoiler: looks great with the RS logos on the side... Only thing for me is the insert in the middle looks very plastic and some could say a little cheap but it sets the car off nicely

Rear bumper: looks great I like the fog light dimple it doesn't stand out tbh and not the first thing you look at and the dual exhausts look nice tucked away but would be possible scope there for mountune or other tuners to offer slightly bigger ones but looks great

Front bumper: WOW! Catch attention very quickly! Inter cooler looks huge in the front grill and I'd hate to look in my rear view mirror and see one of these powering up behind me haha from the front the bumper also gives an illusion of the car being wider than it actually is

5 doors: tbh I'm a fan of the 5 doors so I'm biased, I do agree with both trains of thoughts that RS models should be three door but also that they should be practical and I have to say that I dnt think you notice the three doors especially in the black it still looks like an RS and I doubt very much if many people will be talking bout it having 5 doors after seeing it, after all evils and subarus have 4 doors?? I think it works well really

Cheers for reading and hope you like the pics
Jaysus you have me with a hard one here now :mf_dribble:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.