Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, popped over to Lookers Ford in Chelmsford today to take a look at the black mk3 RS they have in.

Met Jon & Dave there & had a good look round. :thumbsup:

Have to say (& i've said from the start) the black really does suit this car & i personally thought it looks stunning, draws you in to look at it (unlike the rough LB shown at FF) & i can imagine the deep shine that could be got from it with a bit of work! :nice:

Really dont think much of the forged alloys if i'm honest, maybe in silver would be better but i'd still go for the standard silver wheel & red calipers would look stunning too.

I have only taken 1 outside pic as we all know what it looks like,

Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

I wanted a few pics that maybe hadn't been seen before, bearing in mind, this is still just a pre-production model, things are still likely to change.

After a bit of persuasion the sales guy agreed to open it up for us.

The seats.

CS shell seats, these look great in the car & having them in my mk2 for the last 6 years, i actually struggled to see any difference between these, obviously the mk3 doesn't have the little lever to tilt them forward (i checked), me & Dave thought the side bolsters may have been a little more padded (hard to tell) & these had a little chrome 'RECARO' tag on the inner side bolsters (nice touch)

Car Vehicle Window Automotive design Seat belt Car Vehicle Window Automotive design Motor vehicle

Also noticed the drivers bolster worn shiny already!! :cry:

Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Tints and shades

Pic of the rears, by the looks of it, no seperate adjustable headrests??

Vehicle Car Car seat cover Grey Motor vehicle

Inside the armrest lid, after removing the little coin tray,

Vehicle Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Trunk

Under the rear, got a shot of the diff & propshaft,

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

The little motor that controls the exhaust flap, can see this getting covered in crud & maybe causing issues,

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Vehicle

We managed to get into the boot & although full up with a car cover, we could see that the boot is considerably smaller than the mk2 (even mine with the space saver setup), the floor is about level with the tailgate sill,

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Sneaked a picture underneath the carpet, salesman confirmed there is no 'well' due to the higher boot floor & a space saver will not be possible, there are the boot foams that hold the various tools, tyre compressor etc & a little RS emblem in the centre, again, a nice little touch,

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design

Anyway, that's about it in the limited time available, also had to get back to work, hopefully the pics & info are of some help! :nice:

Apologies for the very poor quality pics taken on my phone!! :blush:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to also mention, i hate the pimple on the diffuser even more now after looking at it closely, very poorly designed, i pressed on it & almost popped the thing in! :laughing:

Even Jon who didn't mind it before decided it was not very nice! :cry:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I forgot to also mention, i hate the pimple on the diffuser even more now after looking at it closely, very poorly designed, i pressed on it & almost popped the thing in! :laughing:

Even Jon who didn't mind it before decided it was not very nice! :cry:
Bet Jon loved those black wheels :laughing:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I was wondering if anyone would take a picture of the boot.....

Wonder if this show car has the 10 speaker sony unit with extra sub in the boot and if so where is it? Under the floor or in one of the side wheel arches?

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Yes that would have been a Mk1 in the pic, they had a very nice example from the Heritage Collection there.

I took a few pics myself, nothing probably new and that hasn't been seen before but they show off the black well, and for me it looks fantastic in black. I have no doubt on my colour choice now.

I like the design and just love how they look in black @Jas :lol:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Inside of a front door (bit random but I took a pic for some reason).

Car Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Vehicle

These would look good if they lit up.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Grille Personal luxury car

Dave and Gareth fighting to get in first :rolleyes:

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

Pics like this confirm it's the colour for me.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Paint close up.

Automotive lighting Sky Astronomical object Window Tints and shades

Couple more of the outside.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

I'm not a huge fan of cars from across the pond but this did look good, albeit there was as much metal to polish inside as there was was out.

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

I know two pics are on their side, on my phone so can't be faffing about rotating them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wondering if anyone would take a picture of the boot.....

Wonder if this show car has the 10 speaker sony unit with extra sub in the boot and if so where is it? Under the floor or in one of the side wheel arches?
Not too sure as i've never seen the equivelent ST sub but i heard its round & sits in the spare wheel well or in the wheel itself if specced?

There is a circular cut out at the back left of the boot foams, maybe in there?

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes that would have been a Mk1 in the pic, they had a very nice example from the Heritage Collection there.

I took a few pics myself, nothing probably new and that hasn't been seen before but they show off the black well, and for me it looks fantastic in black. I have no doubt on my colour choice now.

I like the design and just love how they look in black @Jas :lol:

attachicon.gif
DSC_0040.JPG

Inside of a front door (bit random but I took a pic for some reason).

attachicon.gif
DSC_0039.JPG

These would look good if they lit up.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0038.JPG

Dave and Gareth fighting to get in first :rolleyes:

attachicon.gif
DSC_0037.JPG

Pics like this confirm it's the colour for me.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0036.JPG

Paint close up.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0035.JPG

Couple more of the outside.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0032.JPG

attachicon.gif
DSC_0031.JPG

I'm not a huge fan of cars from across the pond but this did look good, albeit there was as much metal to polish inside as there was was out.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0030.JPG

I know two pics are on their side, on my phone so can't be faffing about rotating them.
Great pics Jon. :thumbsup:

The salesman is looking a bit worried about what we are going to do next! :whistle: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Not too sure as i've never seen the equivelent ST sub but i heard its round & sits in the spare wheel well or in the wheel itself if specced?

There is a circular cut out at the back left of the boot foams, maybe in there?
There were two versions. As you say 1 that fitted in the spare wheel, in the middle of the boot floor space and raised the boot floor slightly.

The other version was in the RH wheel arch space.

That circular cut out in your picture looks too small but maybe that's just the picture angle.

Would be interested to know if with the RS, the boot is even smaller with the 10 speaker sub or no different as the boot is already raised due to the AWD running gear.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts