Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change to the big boost pipe kit anyone recommend the best to get? Was it a noticeable difference as it's stated gains of upto 11hp can be made? Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Not sure I gained that much power but my car certainly pulled more aggressively with AS satin black boost pipes added to my MR375... :yep:
:nice:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Did you find them easy to fit as been told their not that easy to fit?
These were next to do on my list!!

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
They're difficult to fit (only on the left side - up to throttle body). Rubs everywhere. On rad, on body. Very tight fit.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Make sure you get a hardpipe for the throttle body side as the AS one is all silicone and rubs off the chassis leg

The cold side is quite awkward, i found aligning the hardpipe quite tricky, lots of swearing and cut knuckles

Hot pipe is a piece of ****

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Yeah the chap who fitted mine kindly cut some extra pieces of silicone to glue to the sides of the pipes where they rub just to give me some extra resistance! :yep:

:nice:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I personally can't see them making much difference on standard turbo after all the port on the turbo is still the same size having bigger boost pipes will just take longer till fill with air an increase lag :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts