Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, your input is very much welcomed along with where is the best place to buy from.
Im tempted by a standard disc with a ferodo ds2500 pad or an equivalent grooved disc with either standard oem pad or ebc yellowstuff pad. Thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Was there not somebody fitted a front brake kit to the rear or did I dream that or was somebody going to try ?
Edit was it not somebody fitted a BBK on the front and was going to try there standard front brakes on the rear
Reyland do two kits for the rear, two piece disc and one has and different standard caliper, the other a 4 pot AP, but you need
to add a hydrauluc caliper to the AP kit

·
Registered
High-miler MR420
2,120 Posts
Std rear discs and yellow stuff pads here. Std discs and DS2500 fronts. Rears disc/pads have been on the car for 50,000 miles, front discs have been on the car for 100,000 miles (but overdue for replacement tbh), DS2500s are around 50,000 miles old and due for replacement. The EBC pads are very clean, the DS2500s very dirty. My next set comprises std discs all round with EBC yellow stuff all round. This on a standard tune, high-miler which is driven quite hard with the odd track day for me and my boys.

@x4 Lee (it's still R5 5kot to me :) ) no you're not dreaming, I remember the idea as well, what I can't remember was the solution/resolution, there must be some sort of caliper repositioning bracket I'd have thought...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.