Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my best mate asked me to be his best man for their wedding next year. Of course I agreed but I've never been a best man before and not too sure what it entails.

So if anyone can help me out on what I should be doing that'd be great. I know the general idea but other than that I'm lost

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
510 Posts
Arrange the stag do and make sure he has the time of his life. Speech after the ceremony if that's what he wants. Just be careful what you arrange on the stag as if the other halves find out there can be hell to pay. Been there done that have learnt my lesson lol!

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you do have trouble arranging the nights out and activities, there are a lot of companies who will do it for you for reasonable prices. This includes mini bus to nights out and activities and bars clubs etc

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Arrange the nstag, help with suits, any errands needed to help noth groom and bride. Speech, usher duties, generally make sure he ok night before, gets dressed mon day, rings, look after people, help coordinate things on day, and enjoy it!

Been best man couple times and got my best mates wedding in 5 weeks!

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Ive been best man on four occasions just organise a good night out for the boys and do the speach and read out the cards i found it easier to just more or less just make the speach up on the day rather than stress out wrighting something just have an idea of what youd like to say add a couple jokes and ad-lib

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I've been a best man twice now.

Generally you'd be involved with the wedding arrangements helping to ensure everything is in place.

Speechs, stagnight and even taking presents on the day and organising guests and greeting them, its a lot of work but enjoyable

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the replies guys, looks like I've got lots of planning to do in the next year. I wish myself luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts