Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to change both the discs and pads on the front of my :RS:

Any recommendations on combinations? I'm currently considering Ford OEM combined or EBC slotted discs with Redstuff pads. Not even sure what difference they would make in fast-road conditions? I won't be tracking.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
I recently changed mine Rich, went for OEM on both, can't go wrong imo! I do OCCASIONALLY take mine on track too, but 99% of use is on public roads so don't see the point of fitting anything else to be honest, OEM pads and discs are perfectly adequate the vast majority of the time. :nice:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ive just received a good price for OEM discs all round from A+K - they are also sorting my stretch bolts too! I believe I'm correct in that the OEM discs are actually Brembo.

I've also gone for Cosworth pads, its was them or the Brembo pads - just fancied trying something different.

I'll let you know how they go, if you're still looking by the time I get mine fitted!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently changed mine Rich, went for OEM on both, can't go wrong imo! I do OCCASIONALLY take mine on track too, but 99% of use is on public roads so don't see the point of fitting anything else to be honest, OEM pads and discs are perfectly adequate the vast majority of the time. :nice:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the OEM pads and discs? Did you source them separately to where you fitted them?

Ive just received a good price for OEM discs all round from A+K - they are also sorting my stretch bolts too! I believe I'm correct in that the OEM discs are actually Brembo.

I've also gone for Cosworth pads, its was them or the Brembo pads - just fancied trying something different.

I'll let you know how they go, if you're still looking by the time I get mine fitted!
How much for the OEM discs? I would really be interested to know what you make of the Cosworth pads. I'll be getting mine changed first half of October all going well...

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the OEM pads and discs? Did you source them separately to where you fitted them?
I bought them one of the sponsors on here, A&K Motorsport; i'm sure they'll sell them to you at the same deal! :yep: Send Andy a message, great service and good prices imo :thumbsup:

Here you go: http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/forum/269-a-and-k-motorsport/ Prices are pinned in one of the top 4 or 5 thread topics.

·
Premium Member
2010 Focus RS
519 Posts
Has anybody used these disc and pads before.....

Mine will be needing changed soon and I like the look of these...

Tarox Brake Discs - Ford Focus MK2 (05-11) 2.5 RS - Sport Japan - See more at: http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/rear-tarox-brake-discs-ford-focus-mk2-05-11-2-5-rs-sport-japan/#sthash.jODJO0Ya.dpuf

Also pads: Tarox Brake Pads - Ford Focus MK2 (05-11) 2.5 RS - Strada - See more at: http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/rear-tarox-brake-pads-ford-focus-mk2-05-11-2-5-rs-strada/#sthash.KeHGldNV.dpuf

For front and rear.

Cheers

Chris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts