Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed the red light had come on,on my ctek charger the other week,not suprising really as the cars hardly been out the garage for the last couple of yrs and the charger wouldnt go above no5 so ive tried desulphating it but it wont go any higher than no1 on the ctek which basically means the batterys stuffed,however when i went to start the car it turned over fine and fired instantly,ive checked the voltage and it reads 11.6v so has the battery really had it?

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
634 Posts
The battery, disconnected, should read around 12.8 volts and if it is below 12.4 it needs charging. Unfortunately because of the battery drain when connected to the car 11.6 volts could be because you had started the car and all the electronics wakes up from its sleep condition and draws more current. On my Ctek charger I always set it to the AGM battery charge rate as a EFB should be charged at 14.8 volts maximum and an AGM at 14.4 volts. When fully charged they should float at around 13.8 volts. My battery is coming up to five years old and is holding up well, I have done just under 11,000 miles since new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts