Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Battery changed this afternoon, the RS runs again 👍🏻
Great ’How to’ post in the electrical section, was surprised how much force required to get the air box out!
manual battery reset sequence didn’t work, are there anymore options to reset the battery monitoring system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I keep reading about battery problems with a lot of cars and many owners having their cars wired up to chargers all the time.

Unfortunately the garage I store my RS in has no power so I'm not able to hook up a charger but I'm always amazed at how my car starts every time I go round there.

Mines a 16 reg and will be 6 years old in June ( can't believe how quickly those 6 years have gone 😩).

I only use my car sparingly and only in good weather so it sits for long periods of time in the garage, sometimes 5 or 6 weeks.
You'd have thought that's the worse thing you could do for a car battery, use it little and leave it sitting for long periods but no, mines still going strong.

Just went round and started it today and it's been sitting for over 4 weeks but no problem it fired up straight away!
I know it ain't gonna last for ever but I think pushing 6 years on its original battery especially with infrequent use is pretty good!

I'm sure the RS goes into some kind of hibernation sleep mode when not in use that must be saving my battery, long may it continue!😁

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
My battery has just decided to pack up. It's no longer holding charge and I have to jump my car to start it every time. Voltage going down to about 11v.
Just bought a new one from eurocarparts and will change tomorrow. Mine is a December 66 plate, so it lasted about 5 years.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts