Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Interesting reading. Not so good 21mpg city, 29 highway, 23 combined. My combined running is 28 mpg so a bit surprised at the figures. Good news though is the statement that "maybe Ford Performance will even offer a Mountune upgrade of 400bhp with warranty"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting reading. Not so good 21mpg city, 29 highway, 23 combined. My combined running is 28 mpg so a bit surprised at the figures. Good news though is the statement that maybe Ford Performance will even offer a Mountune upgrade of 400bhp with warranty.
Those are U.S. MPG numbers (different size gallon) and based around the U.S EPA testing setup. Totally different than the Euro setup. 23 mpg U.S. is nearly 28 mpg UK.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Interesting how they think the NA tune will be more like 350bhp and lbft. As NA has much lower fuel grades (91-93 octane iirc) than the UK, we might be hitting well over 350bhp when running 99 octane fuel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
Interesting how they think the NA tune will be more like 350bhp and lbft. As NA has much lower fuel grades (91-93 octane iirc) than the UK, we might be hitting well over 350bhp when running 99 octane fuel
Same as the US gallons not being the same as our gallons the same ratings for fuel differ over there, in particular how the calculate the RON as they use an AVG of the MON and RON and end up with a figure 4-6 lower for the advertised RON

As an example Tesco Momentum would be rated as a 93 over in the states

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
Those are U.S. MPG numbers (different size gallon) and based around the U.S EPA testing setup. Totally different than the Euro setup. 23 mpg U.S. is nearly 28 mpg UK.
That's not too bad combined, looking back at my spreadsheet for the fill ups on my ST3 Estate (standard map, not Mountune) over two years it's averaging 29.01mpg overall. That's a prefacelift ST without Start-Stop and we do a reasonable amount of short around town trips for nursery and shopping.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
No, I'm okay with it too. I just loved the contrast with the comments on here.
It's like the first reveal where lots of people disliked it and now they have ordered one. There's certainly lots of contrast in all the topics on the mk3

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Interesting reading. Not so good 21mpg city, 29 highway, 23 combined. My combined running is 28 mpg so a bit surprised at the figures. Good news though is the statement that "maybe Ford Performance will even offer a Mountune upgrade of 400bhp with warranty"
From the Ford UK release:

Urban = 28.3mpg

Extra Urban = 44.8mpg

Combined = 36.7mpg

21510239470_07b380cb3d_b.jpg

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't mind the rear fog built into the diffuser
Reminds me of a SportKA! :blush: :laughing:

The thing i hate about it, is the fact it's not built into the diffuser, it's plonked on top of one of the fins (ok yes, it is part of the fin, not a seperate part) but i think it could have been much nicer that that. :wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.