Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Try the deactivate process first, then try again. IIRC, to deactivate you folow the same process, only press the left rocker switch instead. It's important to ensure the mirror selector switch is in the central position, and you press the mirror move rockers... Folk used to move the mirror selector and wonder why it didn't work....
hey presto!mines working again I was moving mirror selector lol

·
Premium Member
20,448 Posts
Do all RS's have this option as mine don't do it. I have all the LUX packs just guessed it was not selected when bought new in 2011.
None came with auto folds mate like Paul said you need it activated through a cable thingy you buy a credit from the group buy there's loads of other wee goodies you can get to like auto locking when you drive off car locks at 5mph can't remember all the others but I'm sure somebody will

·
Registered
461 Posts
I took mine off and swapped them around and my passenger mirror has issues !!!

Drivers side works on N/S but N/S don't on O/S

So fitted both back but still the N/S don't work ., glass is ok as that moves, puddle light works, but no fold action.,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to bring this up again lads...ive tried the instructions but still cant seem to get this to work. Im not 100% that my car has this group buy. I assumed it did because the doors automatically lock about 5 - 10mph which ive heard was also a feature. Does anyone know if all this was included in the group buy or you could select individual features?

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Sorry to bring this up again lads...ive tried the instructions but still cant seem to get this to work. Im not 100% that my car has this group buy. I assumed it did because the doors automatically lock about 5 - 10mph which ive heard was also a feature. Does anyone know if all this was included in the group buy or you could select individual features?
The autolock can be done with a standard modified lead and free software, the mirrors are more complicated and requires a special lead.

·
Premium Member
23,703 Posts
To have the autofold mirrors activated, it makes no difference if the car is an early or late car.

It's not a case of having the modified elm lead and a laptop to activate it like the auto locking etc.

When Derek was doing this, he had to buy a special box that plugged in, then buy credits from the Russian guys who developed it, 1 credit = 1 autofold activation.

So, unless someone is willing to buy a box and credits to start doing multiple autofold activations, (not cost effective for just one) then I can't see any more getting done.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts