Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello... it's been a long time about this thread, but I need to activate the folding mirrors in my focus mk2.5 (they are electric and I have the switch on the door). Every time when I get in and out of the car, it's a pain to have to press the button on the door, I wish they would open and close by themselves with the key. I can't find UCDS V1 anywhere... if someone can help me, I'm desperate.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
hello... it's been a long time about this thread, but I need to activate the folding mirrors in my focus mk2.5 (they are electric and I have the switch on the door). Every time when I get in and out of the car, it's a pain to have to press the button on the door, I wish they would open and close by themselves with the key. I can't find UCDS V1 anywhere... if someone can help me, I'm desperate.

THANKS!!
from memory this was a long time ago

we had to obtain the equipment and pay to have tokens placed upon it

we then took it in turn to have the new upgrade installed

some of us also had the auto lock activated and some had the eco lights aswell

I don’t even know if the equipment still exists and even if the person can be contacted to have tokens added

to me the car should of had it as standard along with the heated seats but the car was not that cheap fully loaded as it was

·
Registered
6 Posts
from memory this was a long time ago

we had to obtain the equipment and pay to have tokens placed upon it

we then took it in turn to have the new upgrade installed

some of us also had the auto lock activated and some had the eco lights aswell

I don’t even know if the equipment still exists and even if the person can be contacted to have tokens added

to me the car should of had it as standard along with the heated seats but the car was not that cheap fully loaded as it was
thank you for your answer.

I know that it’s difficult to find the equipment.. but i really want to do this, i can pay for it and i don’t care about price.

my car really has a lot of extras, i believe that he has almost of the extras, it is an expensive car.. but autofolding is not possible with key.. in Spain all wants to activate this function, if anyone can tell me something..

THANKS A LOT!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow where's time gone 😂
Think Derick sorted it out. Don't know who has the cable now but seem to remember someone lost the cable by being a tight git and not paying recorded delivery!!
yeah a lot of time!! hahaha, but its my daily car now (2.0 136cv - stage 1 170cv diesel) and closing mirrors for me its very important because i park in difficult streets and people don’t go slowly, so mirrors opened are dangerous..

if you or anyone knows where can i get the cable.. or who has the cable..

thank you my friend

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
yeah a lot of time!! hahaha, but its my daily car now (2.0 136cv - stage 1 170cv diesel) and closing mirrors for me its very important because i park in difficult streets and people don’t go slowly, so mirrors opened are dangerous..

if you or anyone knows where can i get the cable.. or who has the cable..

thank you my friend
but you can close those manually from your car seat?

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
yes i can close manually from my car i have the switch on the door
that solves the parking issue.
It’s only one extra button push

I know the kit was out there but I think you are out of luck finding it
It’s probably in a shed somewhere with someone who now no longer even drives (no spring chickens this lot)
Not even sure if the original tokens can be obtained
Sad to say but I think this is a rare upgrade that only maybe 100 cars have.

did forget one other thing with the auto lock program it was upgraded
So on closing the door
One single button push
Folded mirrors.
Locked doors and double locked with alarm (global was still the same )
We called it lux3 some lux4

·
Premium Member
30,007 Posts

It’s probably in a shed somewhere with someone who now no longer even drives (no spring chickens this lot)

So on closing the door
One single button push
Folded mirrors.
Mines still going strong after being in the 1st batch to be done all those years ago.

Remember that very dirty drive we all took up to the midlands to have it done Ric?! 😂

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
Mines still going strong after being in the 1st batch to be done all those years ago.

Remember that very dirty drive we all took up to the midlands to have it done Ric?! 😂
may car was filthy I was not a happy bunny
Still say the upgrade was one of the best things we ever had done.
I know I don’t use mine much (cough)
But yeah it’s still works really well

·
Registered
6 Posts

So on closing the door
One single button push
Folded mirrors.
yeah i know.. its a rare upgrade but i don't know why ford made it so hard to activate folding mirrors.. i will try to buy v4 cable and cross fingers

·
Registered
18,009 Posts
It’s not an item that can be activated as such
I’d say the wording is wrong
The firmware is there but the software requires expansion not activation
If the upgrade is there it is hidden and cannot be accessed via normal means

you will require the software update/patch expansion held in the the box, lead and the token to activate the box and the activation procedures (I don’t remember how much all of it cost and how we divided it up )

ford didn’t make it hard to activate. It didn’t have the software installed or viewable at all so activation was never possible
Only the original programmer knows it’s hiding place if hidden

the car should of had heated seats but it didn’t

I would contact the UCds supplier
This would be the best option
Looking at it then getting the cable direct and using a laptop

you mess up your in a world of hurt
If the body control modules die

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello guys, finally i did it. Buyed UCDS V4 in aliexpress with 15 credits, and ucds v2.73, already working folding mirrors with the key.

Once you flash the new firmware in the door module, u have to push and hold up the two switches of windows, and then click the right button mirror. Now full activated and working.. it was a lot of time but its very nice to have this

41 - 57 of 57 Posts