Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm writing in the right section if not - kindly asking to move it into the right one.

Since certain time I was observing the GB thread on UCDS russian interface used to reprogram the mirrors. As I'm not located in Gb tried to find the other way to have such functionality in my own RS. I've found locally the guy that already has such interface and is willing to use me as guinea pig.

Updating is easy and short. The interface is plugged into obd port and around 5-10 minutes later you can check how it works.

You have the option to enable or disable autofold: Mirrror adjustemnt switch i neutral position, pull two close windows button up and press rocker swicth to adjust the mirrors to the right and feature is enabled or to the left and it gets disabled.

You close the car and ...Voila - the mirrors close :-D

Hure is short movie how it worked in my case

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
You have the option to enable or disable autofold: Mirrror adjustemnt switch i neutral position, pull two close windows button up and press rocker swicth to adjust the mirrors to the right and feature is enabled or to the left and it gets disabled.
Are you saying you use the mirror selector switch on the drivers door to enabled and disable the auto fold on locking?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
So what I read is the mirror selector switch works as normal left right to select mirror to move.

Then you put in neutral and pull the window switch up whilst going right to enable and left to disable

Thats excellent that you can enable & disable it without the adaptor, cant wait for mine to be done!

CheeRS, Kris!
Are we sure this is the same one though Gareth. Not sure if his source used the same procedure or designed his own

·
Premium Member
30,007 Posts
So what I read is the mirror selector switch works as normal left right to select mirror to move.

Then you put in neutral and pull the window switch up whilst going right to enable and left to disable

Are we sure this is the same one though Gareth. Not sure if his source used the same procedure or designed his own
I assume its the same as Kris quotes 'I've found locally the guy that already has such interface ' It doesn't worry me if ours cant be manually switched on & off though as mine will be permanantly left on, i fold my mirrors everytime i park up anyway!

·
Forum midget
4,774 Posts
Hope I'm writing in the right section if not - kindly asking to move it into the right one.

Since certain time I was observing the GB thread on UCDS russian interface used to reprogram the mirrors. As I'm not located in Gb tried to find the other way to have such functionality in my own RS. I've found locally the guy that already has such interface and is willing to use me as guinea pig.

Updating is easy and short. The interface is plugged into obd port and around 5-10 minutes later you can check how it works.

You close the car and ...Voila - the mirrors close :-D

Hure is short movie how it worked in my case

Do they fold if you use the button on the door handle too ??

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Would be interesting to know if the mirrors would work on the door buttons.

With my ELM cable I have enabled one push deadlocking for locking the car and this only works if I use the key button, if I use any door button I have to push twice.

Not actually interested in having this done as very rarely fold the mirrors in, I'm just being nosey.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts