Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
In the comments further down on that link it was my mates pulsar GTIR that was nicked, scumbags took it for a 24 hour joy ride, it had been spotted being bounced off curbs etc, and apparently destroyed the engine, then took it somewhere quiet and set it on fire!
It was a mint example too with only 36k on it :cry:
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive side marker light Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
In the comments further down on that link it was my mates pulsar GTIR that was nicked, scumbags took it for a 24 hour joy ride, it had been spotted being bounced off curbs etc, and apparently destroyed the engine, then took it somewhere quiet and set it on fire!
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
scum bags... :getlost:

Shame they didn't crash and burn in it!!!! :mad:

It happens a lot out of jealousy... :shutup:

·
Premium Member
2009 mk2 Ford Focus RS
2,446 Posts
Ouch, what a sad way to end.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Why is it areas like Birmingham and Manchester are always high on car crime, for years. Especially in Manchester.

Didn't realise it was that many around that area this week, also local to me. Best buy myself a disklok

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Didn't realise it was that many around that area this week, also local to me. Best buy myself a disklok
My RS was stolen from a friends address in Olton, near Solihull. Fortunately I have a Tracker fitted and the car was recovered within an hour. They smashed the driver's side window and used some kind of OBD port key bypass and were gone within seconds (according to the neighbour who saw it happen, but not able to identify anyone). Anyways, they rocked up in a white transit van before making off with the car.

According to the police who interviewed me, they have so many Fords go missing in the Birmingham area, mostly Fiesta ST, Focus ST and RS models, entirely due to the ease in which they can be stolen. I think that Ford should be dealing with this by way of some kind of software upgrade (you would expect Microsoft or Apple to do the same if it were such a flaw in security arose).

Upshot is, I now have a Disklok, a bright yellow one, which I hope will deter the scumbags.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
My RS was stolen from a friends address in Olton, near Solihull. Fortunately I have a Tracker fitted and the car was recovered within an hour. They smashed the driver's side window and used some kind of OBD port key bypass and were gone within seconds (according to the neighbour who saw it happen, but not able to identify anyone). Anyways, they rocked up in a white transit van before making off with the car.

According to the police who interviewed me, they have so many Fords go missing in the Birmingham area, mostly Fiesta ST, Focus ST and RS models, entirely due to the ease in which they can be stolen. I think that Ford should be dealing with this by way of some kind of software upgrade (you would expect Microsoft or Apple to do the same if it were such a flaw in security arose).

Upshot is, I now have a Disklok, a bright yellow one, which I hope will deter the scumbags.
When did yours go missing mate? Glad you've got it back now!

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Glad you got yours back, just last week a transit was sitting outside my house with the occupants glaring at me car. I went out in another car and blocked it right in, they must of been sitting out side my house for 30 minutes, after I called the police they then drove off, 40 minutes later they drove back and again stopped outside my house. I then moved my car yet again this time to a place where only a crane can lift it, when they saw that I had moved the van they looked very disappointed. Police didn't show up or anything but it has been logged along with registration details of the possible offending van

1 - 15 of 15 Posts