Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
So if you have a pouch does that stop them getting in your car? Or can they get in anyway without cloning you key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
The pouch stops the keyless signal so they have to use mechanical means, then deal with the alarm and immobiliser that is standard. That is why the prefered method is to extend the key signal and unlock everything like a owner would.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So if you have a pouch does that stop them getting in your car? Or can they get in anyway without cloning you key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the pouch is working correctly, then it will stop someone getting in with keyless entry. Anyone can gain entry to a car by smashing a window 😂

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Also please test your key pouch from time to time. Mine started letting the signal through after a while, presumably the woven metal wires broke at the fold point
Spot on. The one on my spare set is fine but the everyday pouch wasn't 100% stopping the signal. With the key in the pouch and in certain positions I could still get in the car. Said pouch is now in the bin and a new one in use.

Thanks (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
At around 1am this morning some little scroat tried to steal my RS off our drive.
We have a security light which is regularly set off by cats and foxes and it was that that woke me up. Last night it went off 3 times in succession and then I heard a scraping noise. Looked out of the window and the passenger door was open with a hooded lad leaning inside. I shouted at them and they scarpered to a waiting car around the corner.

They'd attempted to start the car but thankfully I have a Ghost fitted so there was no way it was going anywhere. What I'm really kicking myself for is the fact I forgot to put the key in it's Faraday pouch. That's the first time I've forgotten since I got the car late last year.

The scraping noise was them clearing the ice of the windscreen 😂

Looking on the local Facebook group there were 2 Fiestas stolen on Friday night and on Saturday a Focus and a Merc were also taken.

This is from a leafy Warwickshire Town! Plod said they had information that a gang from Birmingham were targeting our area. Credit to Plod, they were with us in less than 10 minutes.

So people, make sure your keys are in their little bags!

P.S. Disklok on order.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts