Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At around 1am this morning some little scroat tried to steal my RS off our drive.
We have a security light which is regularly set off by cats and foxes and it was that that woke me up. Last night it went off 3 times in succession and then I heard a scraping noise. Looked out of the window and the passenger door was open with a hooded lad leaning inside. I shouted at them and they scarpered to a waiting car around the corner.

They'd attempted to start the car but thankfully I have a Ghost fitted so there was no way it was going anywhere. What I'm really kicking myself for is the fact I forgot to put the key in it's Faraday pouch. That's the first time I've forgotten since I got the car late last year.

The scraping noise was them clearing the ice of the windscreen 馃槀

Looking on the local Facebook group there were 2 Fiestas stolen on Friday night and on Saturday a Focus and a Merc were also taken.

This is from a leafy Warwickshire Town! Plod said they had information that a gang from Birmingham were targeting our area. Credit to Plod, they were with us in less than 10 minutes.

So people, make sure your keys are in their little bags!

P.S. Disklok on order.

Premium Member
Glad it didnt go anywhere. Extra security is well worth it, unfortunately these cars are easy pickings for the scrotes

Premium Member
If you dont have a disklok then it鈥檚 a open invitation for a Scaly to have a try to have a go to steal it.

Premium Member
Glad they never got away with it. As you said, get a disklok on it ASAP.

On the plus side, at least your windscreen was partially cleared for you.

Registered
Absolute little I鈥檓 glad you woke when you did.

Can they not get into the car if they can not scan your key? I always thought they could get into the car even if they can鈥檛 clone your keys?

I鈥檓 thinking of getting the ghost myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Shows the brain capacity of these Jeremy Kyle candidate, scraping the ice off the screen instead of using a noise less option 馃

glad the car is still with you and goes to show how an alternative security system is money well spent 馃憤

and as said grab yourself a discloc 馃槈

Registered
And before you ask the Disklok size you want is small.

Glad to hear that they didn't manage to steal anything in the end. (y)

Registered
MK3 RS Frozen White
Cant you turn off keyless entry? Thats what iv done to help against rely attacks when they clone the signal. Of course a pouch is better but turning keyless off cant hurt. Iv done it in the settings on the clocks. This is what they use to gain access without smashing the window.

Premium Member
Cant you turn off keyless entry? Thats what iv done to help against rely attacks when they clone the signal. Of course a pouch is better but turning keyless off cant hurt. Iv done it in the settings on the clocks. This is what they use to gain access without smashing the window.
Yes. Later mk3s have it as an option in the dash, my earlier example had keyless entry turned off at a dealership during service.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately it's not any option on mine (late 2016).

Key is now kept in it's pouch when it's not in the car with me. I've also installed a CCTV camera.

Premium Member
Also please test your key pouch from time to time. Mine started letting the signal through after a while, presumably the woven metal wires broke at the fold point

Premium Member
Also please test your key pouch from time to time. Mine started letting the signal through after a while, presumably the woven metal wires broke at the fold point
I just bought a sheet of RFID material off ebay and cut a fresh piece from time to time, wrap the fobs in it and then put them in a tin when at home.

Registered
Unfortunately it's not any option on mine (late 2016).

Key is now kept in it's pouch when it's not in the car with me. I've also installed a CCTV camera.
Yes it is - although you can't access it without Ford's IDS system, or the unofficial UCDS system. You can re-programme the car so it thinks that keyless (entry) isn't installed - keyless start still works as do the unlock / lock buttons on the fob. However, probably easier to put your keys in a pouch. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts