Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
It started with Frozen White and sunroof. Changed my mind and dropped the sunroof and then went for Nitrous Blue. I saw a Stealth Grey ST at a local Ford dealer and changed my mind again. Then I realized that the mk3 signature colour is the way to go (at least I think). Yes, decision finalized!

Then I showed some NB pictures to my "[email protected]". Her answer was quite clear...

"Are you nuts? I will never enter that car! You are not 20 any more. Change colour or buy another car!"
So, here I am... Back to square one again... Frozen White, but with or without sunroof?!

angry-homer.gif

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Frozen white is very nice but individual colour for mk3 :rs: is Nitrous Blue
Your not wrong, but I don't see the point in going for it just because it is what it is.. You have to go for a colour your happy to live with.

Personally, not keen on Blue coloured cars anyway, so not going to pick NB just because it is this seasons RS colour... The other thing with unique things, is that they can be affected by fashion trends, White & Black are generally safe colours.. I think NB might be nice for a few months but I think i'd then want to change it..

At the end of the day its all down to personal choice.. I like me white cars...

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
White and black are going to be a very rare Rs colours .

Almost 9 out of 10 cars ordered on Fords list are either in Stealth grey or NB.

So it's definitely something to think about :nice:
SG seems popular in the US from the forums I found when looking for images of SG - seeing the orders on here for SG are amongst the lowest makes me think any hike in SG figures on the books could well be from certain countries?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Originally I ordered in Magnetic Grey (looks really good in bright sunlight, almost like liquid) but something nagged me about it being just a little ... grey! I've always liked white cars so when it came to confirming my options I changed to Frozen White and I'm completely happy with my choice, think it'll look great with the black forged alloys too. Also white is better at keeping the car cool in summer as it reflects a lot of the sun's radiation, one thing a black/dark grey car isn't.

The Nitrous Blue is a funny one, yes I think it'll be the iconic Mk3 RS colour but I blue isn't my favourite colour, it looks different in every picture I've seen, and I don't want to automatically stand out to everyone on the road, I'm buying it for me not for everyone else and white is what I want so white is what I'm going to have.

As for sunroof it's the only option I haven't specified. I ordered a sunroof on my current car but to be honest I only use it to let light into the cabin on days when it's a little dull, and I rarely open it because it defeats the object of air con, allows fumes into the car, and also it's bloomin' noisy. I keep the blind closed when it's sunny too, so for me calling it a sunroof is not quite right, should be called a 'dull day roof' :)

I'm happy to have left it out, extra expense saved is nice but the main reason is I'd never really use it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I like a sunroof so I am biased. So White car with sunroof will be the rarest an say an :rs: meet so I think people would look at it more. Too many blue's and folk inc. yourself get bored looking at the same thing.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Which doesn't explain the polls on here one bit?
Are the dealers all taking their demos in the no cost option?
On the face of it, it does not indeed.

However, only around 1 out of 10 mk2 owners are active/present on the forum, the rest have no interest in forum life in general, regardless of the marque .

Same rule applies to future mk3 owners.

After considering this aspect, I think it makes more sense :nice:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.