Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got to thinking today, I wouldn't swap my RS for any other Mk2 that i've seen (excluding the 500's of course). I surmised that once you've got to the point of total satisfaction with your own car you've reached your goal.

Are there any other Mk2's out there you'd swap yours for, just based on looks and performance not lower milage or younger models, and if so why? (not necessarily who's)

·
Premium Member
23,436 Posts
I'm satisfied with what i bought brand new over 6 years ago, it was the colour & spec i specified, haven't felt the need to change anything performancewise, just a few cosmetic / protective improvements. :yep:

It was the car i chose, so didn't feel the need to change (still dont) things on it. :nice:

I'd give mine away for the white WRC one with the mountune livery in a heartbeat. Absolutely love that one 8)

I can't remember the owner's name though, but its on the forum.
Richard (EMS)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I like Monte always have done lol but will be to emotional to sell.

Edit...

I'm tired need bed .... there is one that I would sell my kidney for lol that would be Steves white one.... but @Steve mr375 already knows this :lol:

I now sound like I don't know what I want :facepalm: excuse me...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Always a soft spot for r5 5kots white rs (x Lee or whatever the dafty has changed it too)

The fact it lives in better conditions than I do is good to see :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
I wouldn't change anything on my RS, total satisfaction. Looks good, stonking performance, docile and well mannered when visiting Tesco for the weekly shop, lots of room to transport items to the tip what more could an owner want. Only thing I would say is I wish I could stop driving it so much so the mileage would stop going up.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If I had to choose I'd probably say Daryl's as it's so well-kept and the Clubsport parts etc. I'd take it to 420 after though ;)

That said I'm still not quite bored of mine yet...on the road standard is fine enough for me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
I'm more then happy with mine. Although everytime I look in the classifieds there's something I'd like lol. I don't think I could have anyone else's as it's there's and is a credit to every single one of them

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
although I'm happy with my car, there is always more to be done. Thats why I bought the car, to enjoy the journey. If / when I feel the car was complete I think for me that would be I sign the journey is complete and time to move on. So no there is no ones car I would swap with no matter the spec or condition ;)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Happy with my mine, nothing on the market would tempt me to part with it either as it does all that I require from a car. If there was to be one change, it would be custard flavour, but still gives me goose bumps at standard BHP. Sadly though it will have to move on for the van, as my circumstances are about to change for the better.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Happy with my mine, nothing on the market would tempt me to part with it either as it does all that I require from a car. If there was to be one change, it would be custard flavour, but still gives me goose bumps at standard BHP. Sadly though it will have to move on for the van, as my circumstances are about to change for the better.
Surely Jon, @DOA Draven you can't be serious! Parting company with the :rs: ?

·
Premium Member
9,996 Posts
I love mine too... :cloud9:

Yeah the passenger door hasn't shut very well since new and the gear box is a bit notchy from cold but it's a fantastic car... :yep:

·
Registered
510 Posts
@Daryl 's is one of my favourites. The workship and care is just sublime
I have to agree. I follow daryl on Instagram and to say he goes above and beyond to keep parts of his car cleaned is an understatement. He posts up items to be cleaned that I've never heard of or seen before lol! Think it was only the other day he was cleaning his horn in the kitchen sink lol! Credit where credit is due his car is immaculate

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Daryl's and Mike's old car I would swap mine for (shame they are both white though!) but that's not in any way saying that I am unhappy with mine.

Have been on a journey with it and wouldn't change any of it!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts