Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,880 Posts
This car seems to be popping up time & again in threads!

If it is the same car, the member on here had it up for £32,995 IIRC for ages & was a discussion about it on here, so if RSD are selling it for £30k, they obviously paid less than that, so the original owner didn't get quite the gains they were looking for keeping the mileage down to a mere 500 miles & no enjoyment! :whistle:

I seem to remember saying at the time, it's worth about £28k tops & not really worth any more than a car with 3k miles, only a delivery mileage car could really be worth near the original £33k asking price in my opinion. :yep:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Car is worth whatever people would pay for it.
If it will sell at that price, then Yes, if after some time they would be no takers , than No.
I wonder how much did the owner got for it from Rs Direct, 24-25k?
28 from what I hear , is it worth it? I would say it's worth 28 what they gave for it , look around and the 9k miles etc are up at 26 grand rsd just sold a couple at 26k so there is still serious worth to the mk2 , the ug car is stunning but a/ you would be frightened to drive it and b/ it will depreciate fast with extra miles so what do you do with it ??? Mothball it is only outcome for this car like it has been since new , I'm a garage queen but would like to drive my car on the odd occasion it's red hot outside :)
Beautiful car tbh

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Totally get that, but whats your own opinion.. is it worth it? (especially as the Mk3 is 30k off the line)
Taking mk3 out of the equation , it does not for me.
This particular car would be worth 26-27k tops in My opion.
in order to achieve its price tag it would need to be a dilvery milage car ( no more than. 30 miles) and fully loaded, again in My opion.
But some memebers may disagree, even though they would never actuallly buy this car.

28 from what I hear , is it worth it? I would say it's worth 28 what they gave for it , look around and the 9k miles etc are up at 26 grand rsd just sold a couple at 26k so there is still serious worth to the mk2 , the ug car is stunning but a/ you would be frightened to drive it and b/ it will depreciate fast with extra miles so what do you do with it ??? Mothball it is only outcome for this car like it has been since new , I'm a garage queen but would like to drive my car on the odd occasion it's red hot outside :)
Beautiful car tbh
Cheers for that :nice:

·
Premium Member
23,880 Posts
Taking mk3 out of the equasion , it does not for me.

This particular car would be worth 26k-27k tops in My opion.

in order to achieve its price tag it would need to be a dilvery milage car ( no more than. 30 miles) and fully loaded, again in My opion.

But some memebers may disagree, even though they would actuallly buy this car.
I'd say bang on Alex. :yep:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My old one PB 2700miles Lux1 10 plate no seat upgrade , obviously mint car sold for 27k that is absolutely guaranteed , only 2/3 weeks ago so I think it's 28k the 500 mile car but as you say would I buy it ? No as I think something with about 7/10k miles you can enjoy it a wee bit and it will cost you 3/4 grand less . Still a lovely lovely car the ug and I would imagine it will sell , fergusons just put a FW Lux1 9200 miles iirc for 26k , only worth what someone is going to pay but they seem to be selling them ?

·
Premium Member
23,880 Posts
My old one PB 2700miles Lux1 10 plate no seat upgrade , obviously mint car sold for 27k that is absolutely guaranteed , only 2/3 weeks ago so I think it's 28k the 500 mile car but as you say would I buy it ? No as I think something with about 7/10k miles you can enjoy it a wee bit and it will cost you 3/4 grand less . Still a lovely lovely car the ug and I would imagine it will sell , fergusons just put a FW Lux1 9200 miles iirc for 26k , only worth what someone is going to pay but they seem to be selling them ?
As i said in my earlier post & you have pretty much confirmed my theory, a 500 mile really isn't worth any more than a car with 3k miles on it. :nice:

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's a difficult one, I have been thinking about buying this myself, my current car is a mint 11k miler in exactly the same spec and colour,
To be fair I prefer the green seats so no problem there, it's just justifying the extra money for basically the same thing, I have done less than 100 miles in the last year in my current car, and before anyone starts ranting it's a waste I am in the lucky position were I have other RS s
At my work to drive on a daily basis, it's interesting to see how opinions differ on cars like this, for me personally I think it would be the ultimate garage queen but I understand for most folks it would be a waste unless it's driven which then defeats the object as it would ruin its value.
Is it worth 30k ? In my professional opinion yes it is,let's be honest were are you going to find another one,and if you want a car for showing or concours what a great starting point this would be, think I better go now as I feel I am talking myself into buying it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It's a difficult one, I have been thinking about buying this myself, my current car is a mint 11k miler in exactly the same spec and colour,
To be fair I prefer the green seats so no problem there, it's just justifying the extra money for basically the same thing, I have done less than 100 miles in the last year in my current car, and before anyone starts ranting it's a waste I am in the lucky position were I have other RS s
At my work to drive on a daily basis, it's interesting to see how opinions differ on cars like this, for me personally I think it would be the ultimate garage queen but I understand for most folks it would be a waste unless it's driven which then defeats the object as it would ruin its value.
Is it worth 30k ? In my professional opinion yes it is,let's be honest were are you going to find another one,and if you want a car for showing or concours what a great starting point this would be, think I better go now as I feel I am talking myself into buying it.
Well said
it's won concourse on 2 occasions iirc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.