Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers, i have seen them now but wanted new locking bolts, but i have the new ones now just unsure if they are okay or not :(

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,165 Posts
They look the same as the one's I'm using on my aftermarket wheels, so I'd be sceptical that they'd fit with the standard wheels. Mine use a 17mm socket as opposed to a 19mm for standards.

Is the taper the same & are they much narrower that the standard ones?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Short and sweet, NO these are not okay to use with standard wheels (if that's what you intend to use them on)

They are too narrow and could pull through the wheels as not enough contact area will be holding them onto the wheel.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Short and sweet, NO these are not okay to use with standard wheels (if that's what you intend to use them on)

They are too narrow and could pull through the wheels as not enough contact area will be holding them onto the wheel.
Oh right, they said they would be fine to fit :mad: well have to send them back now then.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Oh right, they said they would be fine to fit :mad: well have to send them back now then.
They will fit in that the taper is correct and the studs are the right thread, but the nut is far too narrow for stock wheels. I know because I had a close call with similar or identical Bimmec nuts and the nuts began to pull through the wheels on the M5 one night at speeds. Pretty scary when the wheel starts vibrating and the car pulls across two lanes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lovely job thanks mate, need to change the locking wheel nuts really the standard ford ones always go ****ty!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts