Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone downloaded the latest apple software?

i got the notification this morning, it looks like there a few new features this time around, especially like if you get to 20% battery the fone will turn off background apps to save energy.

got a couple of calls to make this morning then going to download it.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Highly recommended. The new features are all improvements and you get the bonus that the OS itself it about 1.5MB lighter

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Works fine for me...and have used it for a couple of days now.

If you place the phone face down, it now prevents the display lighting up when an email or other notification comes in - saves the battery a bit more.

Stuff I've found so far...

There's a good feature that takes you back to the app you just 'jumped' from - like when you tap a link in an email and you switch to Safari. There's a discreet return arrow in the top left corner that stays there for 5 mins and lets you switch straight back (without using the application switcher...which now has a carousel design and is much faster).

Keyboards show lower case characters (when in lower...and upper when in upper). Notes has an upgrade, although I prefer Evernote...and calendar a few tweaks.

Passbook is called wallet - and you can double click to access cards from the lock screen (which is great for Apple Pay).

Settings has a search facility to help find options buried away.

Viper have (at last...and only 10 months late) released their new StartSmart app - it's good (but slightly buggy), but only useful if you have a Viper :laughing:

Shame we can't get the new force 3D touch features without upgrading to the 6s though.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Been using mines for the last couple of days, so far I've encountered the following issues:

Battery drain is twice as fast as normal, having to charge twice a day now. I can actually watch the battery indicator count down when I'm not using the phone and all settings are the same prior to the update.

Phone keeps hanging up on me.

Having issues with email attachments not opening.

Keyboard hangs up when you go over a certain number of characters when posting on Facebook.

Spotify is draining my battery even though I'm not using it.

Never had a problem with my phone prior to the upgrade. I don't normally update as soon as there is a new release as Apple usually **** it up and again there seems to be issues. My recommendation is to wait a while before updating.

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Been using mines for the last couple of days, so far I've encountered the following issues:

Battery drain is twice as fast as normal, having to charge twice a day now. I can actually watch the battery indicator count down when I'm not using the phone and all settings are the same prior to the update.

Keyboard hangs up when you go over a certain number of characters when posting on Facebook.

Never had a problem with my phone prior to the upgrade. I don't normally update as soon as there is a new release as Apple usually :censored: it up and again there seems to be issues. My recommendation is to wait a while before updating.
Which model of iPhone?

·
Registered
9,812 Posts

Never had a problem with my phone prior to the upgrade. I don't normally update as soon as there is a new release as Apple usually **** it up and again there seems to be issues. My recommendation is to wait a while before updating.
Did you back up before updating? If so I would restore and re install the new software

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts

Never had a problem with my phone prior to the upgrade. I don't normally update as soon as there is a new release as Apple usually :censored: it up and again there seems to be issues. My recommendation is to wait a while before updating.
Try turning off the Background App Refresh (Settings->General->Background App Refresh) firstly for everything and see how much the phone improves, then turn it on again and disable background for apps you are experiencing most battery drain from, e.g. Spotify.

Being a new update / install the phone could also have been rebuilding it's Spotlight database in the background but that should be completed by now.

I have noticed some keyboard issues with my old iPadMini1,1 mostly on the lock screen so far. Leaving iPhone 4S on 7.1.2 (shall be my spare once the initial rush is out the way for iPhone 6S from the Apple Stores) so limited experience with iOS9 so far.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Did you back up before updating? If so I would restore and re install the new software
Yes, I always backup to the cloud and never had issues before. As I said I normally wait until the bugs are ironed out before downloading. I have all the settings off that relate to battery drain issues - I'm very tech savvy, I'll give it a couple of days to see if it settles down but if not I'll set it up again as a new phone. Thanks anyway for the input, I'm sure things will settle down but if there are major bugs Apple will no doubt bring out a fix. I don't think some of my app's have been updated for IOS9 yet so that could be another issue.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've got a bug in mine iOS9 install.

If I receive a text from someone who doesn't use iMessage, the notification on the lock screen shows their phone number, not their name, but if i go into the messages app, it shows their name as expected.

Very annoying!

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
Just updated will have to see how it goes. Did anyone else have a problem with iTunes with the previous update. Mine had a habit of copying the complete music file if I added a song to a playlist.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just updated & so for so good.

I can see the friend finder being abused though!!!!! (Or getting people into trouble)

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
No issues with my iPhone 6 Plus or iPad Air 2. Few forums say shouldn't download ios9 on anything less than the 6 at the moment as it makes the 4 or 5 run slow. :)

They say wait for the iOS 9.1. No doubt that will be out in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
None of my videos i have made will now playback without buffering for about 2 mins, and then they start jumping

No issues before i upgraded

Iphone 6

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have downloaded it this morningon I phone5 now I have no signal whatsoever ??? Tried resetting it etc but nothing g so I think it's ****in **** :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts