Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys after realising fitting bluetooth was to much for me lol (bought parts of eBay but gave up).

I'm now looking to just get a decent upgraded stereo that is modern and has apple CarPlay, not worried about it linking with steering wheel commands as never use them on my modern cars and simply use touch screen options.
Has anyone any recommendations and photos, don't mind cost if get decent set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys after realising fitting bluetooth was to much for me lol (bought parts of eBay but gave up).

I'm now looking to just get a decent upgraded stereo that is modern and has apple CarPlay, not worried about it linking with steering wheel commands as never use them on my modern cars and simply use touch screen options.
Has anyone any recommendations and photos, don't mind cost if get decent set up.
Hi Rab, what you end going with?

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
14,995 Posts

It’s unlikely you will get one that has Apple car play and still integrated with the ford systems on the mk 2 RS.

The technology used in the mk2 FRS predates Apple car play.

There are threads on here that talk about replacing the mk2 lux 2 Sat nav with other units, however they don’t integrate with the reversing camera; they need new audio unit surrounds and new heater control unit.

So lots of work and lots of potential issues.

Also the loom/circuitry probably won’t handle apple car play very well as it wasn’t designed to.

Hope this reply gives you food for thought before sinking any hard earned cash into the venture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts