Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Having almost bought a mk2 RS in UG and found the paint match was horrendous on the earlier ones where the bumpers / sideskirts meet the body... i'm now worried what NB will look like on the final production cars.

What are peoples thoughts? I'm about to order but worried what the final NB will look like.

Check out the early UG RS's... i got a PB one in the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
:blink: That's the worst I've ever seen! How did someone see that leaving the factory and think it was acceptable..?

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
I remember 1 like that at my local dealers and i brought my st up to look at it for a trade, the guy said 16k and your st and I said no thanks pal, you need to send that back to get painted properly, it was bad bad bad.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Nope not at all worried as I won't be accepting the car if it's in that state.
Edd1e, dude, I gotta ask, why did you accept such a p*** poor paint job in the first place as that is totally unacceptable to release a car like that. If it had a prang you might understand the difference but for me I'd of walked away

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Having almost bought a mk2 RS in UG and found the paint match was horrendous on the earlier ones where the bumpers / sideskirts meet the body... i'm now worried what NB will look like on the final production cars.

What are peoples thoughts? I'm about to order but worried what the final NB will look like.

Check out the early UG RS's... i got a PB one in the end.
He didn't accept it as his states he went PB in the end
My bad apologies guys still waking up after nightshift

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe they add an additive for the plastic bits to flex. Thus causing a shift in color, my WHITE mustang is that way and I did see a picture of the Nitrous Blue presenting the same issues you showed above. I will see if I can find it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not getting a Mk3 but to say Ford's paint-matching is perfect would be a lie. Truth be told, every bit of plastic won't match the metal perfectly. Some lights will reflect different shades at different angles and times on each panel so in the pictures above of course the bumpers will look out of place. In person you'll notice it on most colours and types of paint but only usually at night under yellow lamps and in the sunlight.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts