Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for the floor, has anyone had any issues with open cone induction kits as it seems that a lot of people are running with closed ones?
Have heard that when it is open it can cause issues, any truth in this?
Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had you been running it without the recirc valve before at some point?

Registered
I've heard people running mid range power maps complain that the car can run too lean, I think group A comes more in to it's own at higher power outputs.

I don't use one myself but they sound mega :mf_dribble:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cause at the moment I'm split between mountune induction or going down the k&n group a route. Bare in mind I'm running 350.

Registered
Cause at the moment I'm split between mountune induction or going down the k&n group a route. Bare in mind I'm running 350.
I had group a filter when running stage 1, thought it was good then fancied a change. Put the closed filter back on with k and n filter inside and it drove so much smoother and better bottom end torque. The group a sounded good but ran pretty **** now that I had drove with a different filter

Registered
Ran one on mine for a bit when it was stage 2 and it ran horrid. Lost a load of torque and grunt low down with a big flatspot in the middle of the rev range.

Sounded the muts nuts though!

Premium Member
I've tried them all I run 400/400 on JWR100 map my car didn't like the group A filter felt sluggish and a bit jerky and hunted for revs on tick over when through warm up cycle I opted for the AS carbon Cais my favourite of them all so smooth and sounds perfect a nice whoosh without the ott ptssshhhh lol mountune setup was good also :thumbsup:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've tried them all I run 400/400 on JWR100 map my car didn't like the group A filter felt sluggish and a bit jerky and hunted for revs on tick over when through warm up cycle I opted for the AS carbon Cais my favourite of them all so smooth and sounds perfect a nice whoosh without the ott ptssshhhh lol mountune setup was good also :thumbsup:
Would love the as cais but so expensive, also already got mountune cat back so trying to keep a theme :)

Registered
Running group A on mountune 375. No issues at all. Just recently got cold air feed so looking forward to put that on when I have time

Super Moderator
BMW 1M
There are plenty of discussions about this in the technical sections James.

Most tunes and options have been covered so it may stop you wasting your money. :nice:

Registered
My car has some form of filter cone (looks like a K&N with a plastic cover) in a modified standard airbox from what I can gather, but there's no cold air feed into the filter cone area.

It was until I was accelerating beside another RS that I felt that the car was lacking oomph, so I'm going to rip that out and order an AS carbon induction kit to replace it.

Would I need to get the car remapped to suit this? It's currently on a Revo Stage 4 tune.

Registered
Went from Mountune Airbox + K&N X-stream to running a "grpA" K&N with dry sock.

No issues and the sounds are addictive. Reminds me of when I ran a cone filter on my old RS Turbo :smile:

Registered
My car has some form of filter cone (looks like a K&N with a plastic cover) in a modified standard airbox from what I can gather, but there's no cold air feed into the filter cone area.

It was until I was accelerating beside another RS that I felt that the car was lacking oomph, so I'm going to rip that out and order an AS carbon induction kit to replace it.

Would I need to get the car remapped to suit this? It's currently on a Revo Stage 4 tune.
No mate no changes to the map needed, the ECU will take a while to adapt but you wont need to do anything

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.