Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I am starting to get second thoughts, Cancelled my type R order for the RS, still haven't revealed an email to confirm I am on the list for March.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
A45 mmmmmm lovely , mk3 or A45 the merc wins imo hands down but it's a good bit more cash (is it about 10k with top spec more?) The RS will sell well i do like it and it's great value , if you have the extra £££ spare then merc all the way , I read in old threads about A45 residual will be poor but even that's proved the doubters wrong , I'd love the 45 , one day hopefully afford one and then a Gtr one day too :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may go for used as I've seen some decent ones 6month old up to 5-6k cheaper than a new one

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
New A45 all day, bags and bags of power, by all accounts its a full on weapon. Or the new RS3 still has a lovely 5 cylinder.

Would have one over the mk3 in a heartbeat (possibly even my mk2)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I had some second thoughts too, wasn't sure on colours, felt a bit pressured to get the order in to be in the first batch etc.

Then I realised that this is what :rs: ownership is all about. The build up, the stress and sleepless nights, feeling like you are being kicked in the teeth by the powers that be constantly....

Then I visualise delivery day, when I go to collect the :rs: and get goose bumps and butterflies and that feeling in my stomach that feels like I need the loo :facepalm: This doesn't go away for the rest of the time you own it and for a long time after and then I remember why I put my deposit down to be part of the :rs: family and experience. :nice:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and getting a CLA or A45 Merc. I don't know why but I've grown a sudden like for them and it's really toying on my mind.

What would you do?
That is a turn around!

I have always wanted, and still want a Nissan GTR....I will own one, its an itch I just have to scratch, but will wait until the 2012 models are within my price range.

At this time I want a new car and feel the RS will give me a great package at a great price and reasonable running costs. If I get bored too quickly and cant resist the pull of the GTR hopefully when I sell it will have a pretty decent retained value.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and getting a CLA or A45 Merc. I don't know why but I've grown a sudden like for them and it's really toying on my mind.

What would you do?
I would wait and see and then decide. Lately I have been looking at the Polestar V60.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yes I have cancelled my order and I'm looking at getting an a45 instead. You can easily get 4-5k off list price which takes the spec I want to around 39k.
Cheapest place I have found one is here,
http://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk/car-quote/?manufacturer_id_F=31&model_body_id_F=270%2C4&fuel_type_petrol_F=P&ID=038LBF8NZLH00CP&vehicle_type_F=C
What spec did you go for ? I'm interested to know what specs etc the A45 guys chose ,I thought they were 45k for high spec mmmmmm

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
What spec did you go for ? I'm interested to know what specs etc the A45 guys chose ,I thought they were 45k for high spec mmmmmm
Mine is cirrus white with AMG exhaust, aero pack, night pack, and possibly the dynamic plus pack or just the adjustable dampers on their own.
I wouldn't mind the premium pack but only really for keyless so I feel it's too much cash just for that.

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
I may go for used as I've seen some decent ones 6month old up to 5-6k cheaper than a new one
Yeah but they aren't the latest and greatest as it's just been updated (someone on here had a nice thread about their new one).

I've a feeling the RS will be something special, the reviews when they roll in will be epic I reckon especially on the driver engagement front.

I'd narrowed my car choices to a second hand Golf R and 2012 onwards S4 Supercharged before I ended up on here and placing my deposit down on Friday :)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Already done the AMG thing mate :nice:
Me too for about 5 weeks haha. Was too expensive to be used as a daily and couldnt stop worrying about it. Really loved the the car. But i would like it as a second car rather than my only car

·
Previously Si.
1,617 Posts
I've had to cancel my mk3 RS. Gutted because I was in the 1st batch. My Octavia VRS (the car I was trading in) has lost £1200 in the last 10 days due to being caught up in the VW saga. By the time March comes around it might be worse. So basically now I'm looking at keeping the Octavia and running it into the ground (I've owned it from new and it's still a great car with only 32k miles on the clock). I'll then look at trying to buy a mk3 RS outright without having to trade the Octavia in, but I'll probably have to get one further down the line now. It may end up being the best thing as the RS would become somewhat of a garage queen which is what I've always wanted due to the ****** roads around here.

Gutted, but with my work situation being like it is (another long story) it's the only option I've got at the moment.

I'll be honest though.........I really felt like I'd been backed into a corner with choosing NB. There will be LOADS of them all over the place at this rate and my initial first choice of SG may end up being my final choice down the line. At least I'll get to see colours in the flesh now with not getting mine in the first batch.

1 - 20 of 428 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.