Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all :cry:

Whilst the long wait is on,attempting to find a decent,start up or exhaust note of the "RS". :facepalm:

Yes i know its pathetic,and at 52 yrs probably need to grow up,but all i seem to view are pre production models or heavily enhanced promotional stuff,and car's appear to have a V8 sountrack :thumbsdown:

Please help me over the winter months,there must be a decent clip out there.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Standard exhaust on mk2 sounded poor in my opinion. Needed a milltek. I bought my car standard and upgraded it difference between night and day now. This is a standard exhaust on the mk3, the sound will change drastically when tuned.
I think the standard on MK2 sound's great. Then again I don't like all that hole in the exhaust sound :grin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay guy's,

so far not bad, but please bear in mind just sold an "M135i" with a sport plus button,with pops and bang's to die for,if the "RS" can give me 85% of my previous car i will be very happy person,i hope it's not a German thing,im sure Ford can compete :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
I was talking to a colleague today who has had a ride round Lommel test track a couple of weeks back in the new RS.

His comments were, it was 'King loud, and was really well balanced even in drift mode around the handling track where the test driver didn't once go in a straight line.
More balanced than in the mk2 RS.

He was a rear seat passenger at the time as well.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I was talking to a colleague today who has had a ride round Lommel test track a couple of weeks back in the new RS.

His comments were, it was 'King loud, and was really well balanced even in drift mode around the handling track where the test driver didn't once go in a straight line.
More balanced than in the mk2 RS.

He was a rear seat passenger at the time as well.
What better than a MK2 RS :nice:

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Hopefully the exhaust will be very similar to the Mini JCW (looks the same design as in a butterfly valve in a tailpipe)
Not bad

Sounds like it's a popcorn making machine though at around 1.30
If it would sound like the Mustang GT350R I'd love it! That sounds like it could :censored: thunder!
Love the look of this car. Noise isn't bad at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.