Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not of much interest to most but i notice the Irish configurator also lists,

Remote / Powered - child proof rear door locks, 50 euros.

:wassat:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Remember it states in the brochure, specs and options a subject to change so I wouldn't worry too much. Think positive

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think it's weird that Ford don't offer every option to the market that have the most interest for these cars. Global cars my :f: when it suits me think. BUT I'm not buying a new car ever so it's not really a thing but i do see the gripes

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
I think it's weird that Ford don't offer every option to the market that have the most interest for these cars. Global cars my :f: when it suits me think. BUT I'm not buying a new car ever so it's not really a thing but i do see the gripes
Every car manufacturer does this though, certain colours only see certain markets or one country gets individual options where as others might get packs of options bundled together. It's all about what the product managers reckon will sell, they have the data and it's not in their interest to deny any option which could harm revenue so I guess they know what they're doing?

Classic example BMW M5 - Auto only across Europe but guess what you can get a manual in the US, doesn't make sense but they reckoned only hardcore enthusiasts would want the manual.....I couldn't make sense of that one either but heyho lol

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Every car manufacturer does this though, certain colours only see certain markets or one country gets individual options where as others might get packs of options bundled together. It's all about what the product managers reckon will sell, they have the data and it's not in their interest to deny any option which could harm revenue so I guess they know what they're doing?

Classic example BMW M5 - Auto only across Europe but guess what you can get a manual in the US, doesn't make sense but they reckoned only hardcore enthusiasts would want the manual.....I couldn't make sense of that one either but heyho lol
I see what you are saying but across Europe there should be the same options for everybody. Is it a global car or not Ford? I can understand different options for America. Why make all the fuss about the global thing when you are still being random about what is offered to who in Europe. anywho if it was me ordering the car i would have the Recaro bucket seats and have parking sensors fitted after market :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
I see what you are saying but across Europe there should be the same options for everybody. Is it a global car or not Ford? I can understand different options for America. Why make all the fuss about the global thing when you are still being random about what is offered to who in Europe. anywho if it was me ordering the car i would have the Recaro bucket seats and have parking sensors fitted after market :thumbsup:
Doesn't work like that across Europe either - Vauxhall and Opel sell different products, options and bundles across Europe even of their VXR/OPC models.

The "Global" part is the fact that the car itself is available in all markets not that all options are

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Different regulations and standards perhaps. Perhaps not all options can meet regulations in each country ?

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
Electric remote rear child locks are not available on any UK Focus mk3 as far as I am aware, it's in the user manual ("where fitted" IIRC ... 8-() but even my ST3 Estate has the good old manual turn the plastic slot through 90 degrees child locks and yet has a button to disable the rear windows.

Perhaps some manufacturers limit options per country, or bundle in packs, to avoid confusion for the average buyer? A bit patronising if that's the case though!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
All the options are there in the same German factory, so it doesn't cost anymore for Ford to offer an option to all EU countries, there is no reason to limit it. Its not like different factories/prod lines in different countries are making these cars.

·
Registered
957 Posts
this is a pack on the German site with leather centre sections

RS Performance Package ( Navi , Recaro seats , 19 " -LMF )
- ( Not IV with Winter Package , no IV with heated front seats ) - 4 alloy wheels , 20 -spoke design in gray , with painted Brembo brake calipers in Nitrous Blue - . Ford Navigation System incl Ford SYNC2 with touchscreen and Sony premium sound system - Recaro bucket seats including leather upholstery ( seat center sections and side bolsters in leather )

·
Premium Member
4,586 Posts
All the options are there in the same German factory, so it doesn't cost anymore for Ford to offer an option to all EU countries, there is no reason to limit it. Its not like different factories/prod lines in different countries are making these cars.
The only difference can be legal / testing / approval and I bet that does not apply to most of the options listed on ETIS.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
Cant we merge this with the other OPTIONS thread, keep them all in one place. ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.