Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching around the club today looking for tips on what little jobs to do on the RS I came across this "How to" topic on the Symposer .....

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/17840-symposer-blank-off/page-1?hl=symposer

So, took apart the Symposer today to remove the split diaphragm as they all do. Open up the Symposer and to my surprise the diaphragm was fine. Not a mark on it, no splits or holes, nothing :blink: Decided to remove the Symposer and all the gubbings anyway which was easy enough until I got to the clip on the red hose !! Yep, you know the one I mean.

Oooh that clip. That :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: clip !!! Anyway all sealed off now. All I will say is, if you have a go at this with basic tools just be prepared to make that clip your mortal enemy. It's a stubborn little git :rant:

Also for no related reason I bought a SPS switch thingy for the REVO from SCC today so no more joy rides for Mr Ford when the RS goes in for services.

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details//serial-port-switch-sps

·
Registered
970 Posts
Lmao mate, it is a right little ****er that clip :laughing:
It was so much of a ****er to take off that I decided not to put it back on and fitted a stainless jubilee style one instead, on another note I've read a few posts where the ****ing clip doesn't hold the blanking plug in very well and can come out!

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Lmao mate, it is a right little :censored: that clip :laughing:
It was so much of a :censored: to take off that I decided not to put it back on and fitted a stainless jubilee style one instead, on another note I've read a few posts where the :censored: clip doesn't hold the blanking plug in very well and can come out!
I've done the same Mike and secured the blanking plug with a jubilee clip.

The original clip. Well, let's just say there's a hammer involved :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.