Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching around the club today looking for tips on what little jobs to do on the RS I came across this "How to" topic on the Symposer .....

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/17840-symposer-blank-off/page-1?hl=symposer

So, took apart the Symposer today to remove the split diaphragm as they all do. Open up the Symposer and to my surprise the diaphragm was fine. Not a mark on it, no splits or holes, nothing :blink: Decided to remove the Symposer and all the gubbings anyway which was easy enough until I got to the clip on the red hose !! Yep, you know the one I mean.

Oooh that clip. That :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: clip !!! Anyway all sealed off now. All I will say is, if you have a go at this with basic tools just be prepared to make that clip your mortal enemy. It's a stubborn little git :rant:

Also for no related reason I bought a SPS switch thingy for the REVO from SCC today so no more joy rides for Mr Ford when the RS goes in for services.

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details//serial-port-switch-sps

·
Registered
971 Posts
Lmao mate, it is a right little ****er that clip :laughing:
It was so much of a ****er to take off that I decided not to put it back on and fitted a stainless jubilee style one instead, on another note I've read a few posts where the ****ing clip doesn't hold the blanking plug in very well and can come out!

·
3,360 Posts
Lmao mate, it is a right little :censored: that clip :laughing:
It was so much of a :censored: to take off that I decided not to put it back on and fitted a stainless jubilee style one instead, on another note I've read a few posts where the :censored: clip doesn't hold the blanking plug in very well and can come out!
I've done the same Mike and secured the blanking plug with a jubilee clip.

The original clip. Well, let's just say there's a hammer involved :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
You can remove the std clip easily. Its very strong and is in a very difficult place however I managed to remove it with a pair of longnose self locking pliers.

·
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I managed to remove it with a pair of longnose self locking pliers.
I'm not even sure I know what one of those is :lol:

Yeah, my tool collection consists of a spanner, a hammer, a pair of pliers and I'm pretty sure there's a screwdriver around here somewhere :blush:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm not even sure I know what one of those is :lol:
Yeah, my tool collection consists of a spanner, a hammer, a pair of pliers and I'm pretty sure there's a screwdriver around here somewhere :blush:
Such a lavish tool box I want one for Xmas

·
Registered
958 Posts
Glad this thread popped up as it reminded me to get my symposer pipe blanked off while the car is at SCC tomorrow :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't suppose any of you guys have the pipework gathering dust that you wouldn't mind parting with. I've still got my symposer unit just need the pipes from that up to the bulkhead :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts