Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Anyone seen this in the news recently? http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/07/schoolgirl-13-sent-home-for-leopard-print-hairstyle-5379977/

:lmao:

Well, I for one applaud the school's decision to send her home and for standing by their policy on appearance and dress code. It would be interesting to see where this story goes, as if the media are to be believed this morning ( :whistle: ) the girl has been sent home AGAIN as her mother decided that she should wear a bandana (or similar) to cover up the hairdo, which was subsequently rejected by the school as still contravening their appearance policy!!

The mother is quoted as saying 'she was not aware of a school policy on haircuts', despite the school claiming that the policy was clear and frequently communicated to parents. Ignorance isn't a defence, as they say...! :nice:
The mother is also playing the 'discrimination' card; if she had half a brain cell she would realise that by refusing to change her daughter's hair style, and thus keeping her at home as the school won't budge on their policy (and rightly so imo) she is compromising her education?! :facepalm:

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yes I read this story, and I can't believe that a parent Wouk allow their child to have a hair cut like that's it's obvious that the school would not accept it, in th early years of child education and schooling it not only provides an education but also teaches them that rules are there for a reason , it would be like me going to work in my jeans and a fleece top it's not in out company policy and I would be asked to go home and change , the photos of the mother make me laugh really and you can see that the attitude from her has passed already to her daughter , she may be a great achiever but it's your attitude that gets you up the career ladder as well, they fine parents for taking children out of school in terms time, well the mother in this case should be hauled into school and action taken, this young girl has many years of adulthood ahead where she can express herself and all this human rights **** doesn't wash with me when it comes to things like this,

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Whoah.
What does a haircut have to do with education?
If people can wear ethnic dress, why can't she have that haircut?
Human rights work for everyone, supposedly.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Whoah.
What does a haircut have to do with education?
If people can wear ethnic dress, why can't she have that haircut?
Human rights work for everyone, supposedly.
Because she's not complying with the dress code and standards of appearance for that particular school... As has been said earlier, setting standards of dress and appearance helps prepare you for the big wide world in later life, where you have to adhere to certain standards, be it the ones dictated by your employer or otherwise. I work in a uniformed service for a living (with high standards of personal dress and appearance) and if I didn't agree with the standards that are laid out then that's fine, I either suck it up and get on with it or I go elsewhere, it's quite simple! I don't however throw my toys out the pram and complain, as at the end of the day, it's me who loses out...

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
If the child looks like that due to poor parental guidance n rules. What chance has that child got in years to come. I'm sorry but children look up to there parents. Parents are role models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.