Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone had this problem, travelling at about 4500rpm in 6th gear when boy racer came passed me.So i floored the pedal as i got to 5500rpm the car decided to give me revs but i could feel no extra drive it got to about 6200 then i let off the pedal this happened so quickly as you can appreciate one second the car is pulling like a train then at 5500 all noise no pull can anyone suggest remedy.Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sorry to tell you but .............................................. a 1.0 corsa .............................. slapped your butt . :rofl:

You must keep this to yourself and not tell ................ anyone !!

Your secret will be safe with us :nice:

·
Registered
254 Posts
It's the clutch slipping, I've got the same issue sometimes in 6th gear so it's in the very early stages, the car's on Revo stage4+ and sure it's still running standard clutch so to be expected running that sort of power. I've read a post on here somewhere you can adjust it by starting the car and slowly pushing down and releasing the clutch peddle slowly 10 times if the clutch is not to far gone which worked for me but it has happened since. A clutch upgrade is on the cards at some point next year though.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
There's often a misconception that it's hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gears that stresses the clutch, when it's actually 6th that really puts it under pressure.

If it's starting to go, try and avoid hard acceleration from around 60 or 70mph (like when you pull out to overtake on a motorway...or need to stay in front of a Corsa :laughing:) without dropping down to 5th or 4th (depending on speed). You'll put far less strain on the clutch and you'll obviously get better acceleration too.

You might be able to eek it out for a bit longer - and it's good practice for your next clutch :nice:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to tell you but .............................................. a 1.0 corsa .............................. slapped your butt . :rofl:

You must keep this to yourself and not tell ................ anyone !!

Your secret will be safe with us :nice:
as a matter of fact it was a golf r32 v6 but i didn't think it was all that

4500 in 6th is more than 70! ;-)
Thanks for the hiighway code inuendo

There's often a misconception that it's hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd gears that stresses the clutch, when it's actually 6th that really puts it under pressure.

If it's starting to go, try and avoid hard acceleration from around 60 or 70mph (like when you pull out to overtake on a motorway...or need to stay in front of a Corsa :laughing:) without dropping down to 5th or 4th (depending on speed). You'll put far less strain on the clutch and you'll obviously get better acceleration too.

You might be able to eek it out for a bit longer - and it's good practice for your next clutch :nice:
hi i have heard about this from other members i will give it a go thanks

It's the clutch slipping, I've got the same issue sometimes in 6th gear so it's in the very early stages, the car's on Revo stage4+ and sure it's still running standard clutch so to be expected running that sort of power. I've read a post on here somewhere you can adjust it by starting the car and slowly pushing down and releasing the clutch peddle slowly 10 times if the clutch is not to far gone which worked for me but it has happened since. A clutch upgrade is on the cards at some point next year though.
Thanks i'll give a go

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds slip a slipping clutch. What clutch / power you running?
as i have said before revo stage 4 milltex straight through system powerflex torque mount grooup a filter airtec intercooler as pellumbosch 650cc injectors and denso plugs new forge turbo booster all fitted by scc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts